Apple TV plus wins the Oscar (and the will smith thing)

Music and video: analog or digital
ukimalefu
Title: Bug in the Machine

Apple TV plus wins the Oscar (and the will smith thing)

Post by ukimalefu »

Or a movie from there won. First movie from a streaming service to win an Oscar.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/28/2299 ... nt-look-up

I have not the slightest idea what that movie is about but "Coda" is a musical term. Maybe it's a musical? I have no intentions of watching it.

One of the most boring movies I ever saw won like 7 Oscars. It was Driving Miss Daisy.

Last edited by ukimalefu on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

An unrelated video tweet that was NOT shown within the US, so this was recorded via Japanese TV.

NSFW.

Chris Rock was making some jokes before presenting one Oscar when Will Smith walked up from the audience and punched Rock in the face. Rock handled this as well as possible.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

DEyncourt wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:56 am

An unrelated video tweet that was NOT shown within the US, so this was recorded via Japanese TV.

NSFW.

Chris Rock was making some jokes before presenting one Oscar when Will Smith walked up from the audience and punched Rock in the face. Rock handled this as well as possible.

yeah... I saw it, didn't want to post it. But ok, we can make this the Oscars thread, wich, I did not watch. I have just seen some of the news about it.

I saw a picture from a different angle that made it look like a slap, as in open hand, not a fist. But still.

Anyway... she has a condition, not bald by choice, so the joke was in bad taste, and getting annoyed by it is understandable, but Will Smith shouldn't have done that. Rock's reaction? could have been a lot of things, but the best possible outcome.

-

I... uhmmm.... The Bel-Air show is great. Do watch it.

maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

It wasn't necessary to do it in the middle of the show, or using physical violence. It's a poor reflection on Will Smith that he chose to do so in the way that he did, and Chris Rock handled it as well as he could.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

Robert
Title: Dandy Highwayman

Post by Robert »

I don't buy his apology and I find it really insincere when people apologize in an online post instead of, you know, directly to the person.

I can't wait to see what Saturday Night Live does with this.

"Hey, I gotta be me. Don't like it, don't read it." - Schnicky
DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

kamizuno
Title: Anyone want a martini ?!?!....

Post by kamizuno »

What’s sad about the slap is a lot of people think a real man wouldn’t hesitate to even punch a guy who insults his woman, these folks are the reason so many “real men” are currently locked up in prison, normally a slap or punch would result in an assault charge and likely prison time, not winning an award and partying afterward…..🤔🤨😕

kamizuno
Title: Anyone want a martini ?!?!....

Post by kamizuno »

Robert wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:18 am

I don't buy his apology and I find it really insincere when people apologize in an online post instead of, you know, directly to the person.

I can't wait to see what Saturday Night Live does with this.

Smith missed an opportunity to do damage control by not apologizing to Chris when he apologized to the academy and everybody else, the Chris Rock apology should have been first, not just at least there somewhere in that broadcasted video apology when he accepted that award…..

Pariah
Title: Know Your Enemy

Post by Pariah »

Smith is probably all stick fiddled up in the head from living with a monstrously abusive uncouth woman for a wife.

Not even duct tape will fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
Robert
Title: Dandy Highwayman

Post by Robert »

To echo what was said on SNL Weekend Update, Smith should be made to host next year's Academy Awards, and maybe for the next 10 years.

"Hey, I gotta be me. Don't like it, don't read it." - Schnicky