Music encoder for Mac

Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
Post Reply
kixx Better than the cereal...
User avatar
Alright so I wasn't thinking when I dl-ed some music in FLAC format, and now I can't put it on my ipod/itunes. I need an encoder app and I don't know what will be good. Help! Thanks in advance :D
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
max.

accept nothing less. it encodes everything and does it extremely well.
kixx Better than the cereal...
User avatar
Thanks muchly!
kixx Better than the cereal...
User avatar
Marc wrote:
max.

accept nothing less. it encodes everything and does it extremely well.


except that it doesn't do m4a, and when i try to encode to aac, the files only open in quicktime. any suggestions?
iSquint?

Not sure if it handles FLAC, but it's a great li'l app.
kixx wrote:
Marc wrote:
max.

accept nothing less. it encodes everything and does it extremely well.


except that it doesn't do m4a, and when i try to encode to aac, the files only open in quicktime. any suggestions?


A) Actually I see an option for MPEG4 Audio, so I dont know what your looking for that isn't there...
B ) Um drag and drop it into iTunes? duh. Or you know like what you do when a jpeg wants to be opening in photoshop instead of preview evertime you get info and change the "open with application" list.
mtpalms Booshed
User avatar
I use xact for decoding flac and shn files. A simple drag and drop app, it will put the decoded files (aiff) wherever you want and has an option for deleting the flac files on the fly.

MacFlac is nearly identical, iirc.
kixx Better than the cereal...
User avatar
Marc wrote:
kixx wrote:
Marc wrote:
max.

accept nothing less. it encodes everything and does it extremely well.


except that it doesn't do m4a, and when i try to encode to aac, the files only open in quicktime. any suggestions?


A) Actually I see an option for MPEG4 Audio, so I dont know what your looking for that isn't there...
B ) Um drag and drop it into iTunes? duh. Or you know like what you do when a jpeg wants to be opening in photoshop instead of preview evertime you get info and change the "open with application" list.


MPEG4 Audio doesn't seem to like me either...and I was under the impression MPEG4 /= m4a. Also, dragging and dropping FLAC files into itunes doesn't work, neither does "open with..."
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
here let me help you with the not being able to play in itunes deal ;)

http://xiph.org/quicktime/

no need to convert, unless going to upod, then it is a simple convert to process
kixx wrote:
Marc wrote:
kixx wrote:
Marc wrote:
max.

accept nothing less. it encodes everything and does it extremely well.


except that it doesn't do m4a, and when i try to encode to aac, the files only open in quicktime. any suggestions?


A) Actually I see an option for MPEG4 Audio, so I dont know what your looking for that isn't there...
B ) Um drag and drop it into iTunes? duh. Or you know like what you do when a jpeg wants to be opening in photoshop instead of preview evertime you get info and change the "open with application" list.


MPEG4 Audio doesn't seem to like me either...and I was under the impression MPEG4 /= m4a. Also, dragging and dropping FLAC files into itunes doesn't work, neither does "open with..."


well, MPEG4 Audio options make a .ma4 file and is using the mpeg4 codec...

and you're not getting them to open in iTunes because those are not files that iTunes supports. Follow moff moff's link
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

Music encoder for Mac