Flickering windows in 10.5

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
oatmeal with raisins
I've never seen this before in any version of OS X.

Just lately my MBP (15 in, Core Duo model) has begun to display a very weird window behavior. They flicker as though they're being rapidly selected and unselected.

While it's going on, it makes selecting things, double clicking things, or opening things very difficult.

I don't see anything online that even remotely deals with that. Does anyone have any ideas?

(10.5.2, completely up-to-date with software updates as of the middle of last month)
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I would check universal access right off the bat, it almost always has something to do with it.
It sounds like a stuck key, either physical or something completing a circuit inside the keyboard (liquid or stray staple or such).
Zapski Gaze into my eyes...
I'm leaning towards a funky Universal Access preference first, sticky keys second. Check for expose settings too.
Also, if you have made any strange changes in 3rd party utilities such as Onyx, you should try restoring those to defaults and seeing if it goes away.

-david
oatmeal with raisins
Zapski wrote:
Check for expose settings too.

Odd that you should say that. Somehow my expose settings were wiped out too.
(Didn't discover that until after I posted, just got back.)

Universal access shouldn't be active... I'll have a look, though.

Before anyone asks, no one has access to this computer but me. It lives in a locked footlocker.
Zapski Gaze into my eyes...
Software corruption happens kind of randomly.
See if there's an annoy-o-tron nearby.
sean Royal Wombat
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
See if there's an annoy-o-tron nearby.

I would LOVE to hide one of those in my bosses office. It's such a mess, i could put it just about anywhere, and he would never find it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Flickering windows in 10.5