Airport Extreme update enables Time Machine Airdisk use

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
obvs precoupado
Check Software Update. :D
Conner Of Gallifrey
Now that is sweet!
Tried it yet? I've got a 250GB USB2 Lacie plugged into an Airport Extreme, and from my office (across the house) moved about 5GB in 8 hours. Brought the lappy into the living room and let it finish overnight (meaning another 12 hours for the last 95GB or so). Obviously the incremental backups will be smaller, but I didn't realize I was getting under 1MBps from my office; that puts a serious dent in its usefulness.

Anybody else getting good performance from using an attached HD as a Time Machine volume? What about Time Capsule itself... any better?
Ein
My performance was horrible. I transferred 120gb of data in about 25 hours. And what's the deal with the attached drive on the desktop? No the airport drive, but it's a DMG image with "backup of iMac" as it's label.
@Ein: The Airdisk method of Time Machine works a bit differently from a directly-attached drive. It creates a sparse image on the target drive, mounts that, and backs up to the mounted image, then saves that image back to the disk. You'd have to ask an Airport tech why that's better.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Airport Extreme update enables Time Machine Airdisk use