This Mac Can't connect to Apple Media Services

Tech Talk, Tech News and Tech Support (Gadgets included)
Vulture
Title: 420

This Mac Can't connect to Apple Media Services

Post by Vulture »

I am constantly getting this prompt at least every two weeks, sometimes just a day or two later. It requires me to log in to Apple ID in System preferences, which immediately tells me my account has been locked. I unlock it via email link by logging in with a browser and then I can log in again successfully in System Preferences. Then, I have to log in to Messages which gets logged out, and THEN, I have to go to Settings in iOS on the phone to Messages where I have log in with my Apple ID to "Use Apple ID for iMessage", and only after all that is everything back to normal so I don't miss a beat.

Ok, whatever. But why the hell does this keep happening for months now?
Donkey Butter
Title: jerk face

Post by Donkey Butter »

Call Apple.

I had a similar thing happened with my daughters account where it was acting really goofy and I struggled with it for months but a call to Apple had it sorted out in less than 10 minutes
DukeofNuke
Title: FREE RADICAL

Post by DukeofNuke »

Not counting on-hold time?
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Vulture
Title: 420

Re: This Mac Can't connect to Apple Media Services

Post by Vulture »

Wow, so now it's happening every day. I've never called Apple in my life for anything, is now the time?

So after I unlocked my Apple ID just using my phone instead of the computer, meaning I did the above steps out of order, the computer was working fine with Messages for a minute, then I got the prompt AGAIN! It was locked again right after I had unlocked it, so I proceeded to do it in the order first listed using the computer Messages app preferences to attempt to log in to my Apple ID, then get a reset email, then unlock it via my browser, then log in successfully to Messages with the Apple ID, then lastly "use Apple ID for iMessages" on my phone in iOS.

Quite frankly, if I didn't rely on iCloud keeping my data current between the computer and phone with messages and other data, I would not even care about this and just drop it. I'll let you know if I ever get to the bottom of this. Doing a search on the net shows others are experiencing this with no clear answer why.