Microsoft had a secret windows theme...

Online now: Google [Bot], juice
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
...that made it look "like a Mac"

Quote:
Microsoft created a secret Windows XP theme that made the operating system look more like a Mac. A recent Windows XP source code leak has revealed Microsoft’s early work on the operating system and some unreleased themes the company created during its early XP development back in 2000.

One is labeled “Candy” and includes a design that closely resembles Apple’s Aqua interface that was first introduced at the Macworld Conference & Expo in 2000. Although the theme is incomplete, the Windows XP Start button and various buttons and UI elements are clearly themed to match Apple’s Aqua.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/25/2145 ... e-mac-aqua

TOS
looks pretty silly
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
The two styles look horrible mixed together.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
To make switchers feel better?
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
That looks like an abomination.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
obvs posted:
That looks like an abomination.

That's because it was an abomination.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
Sure. Microsoft is generically “an abomination” - as y’all have read my posts for a long time know.

Sooo...you might be surprised to read that it is possible that the latest iteration of their Surface Pro may actually be a cool device. I’ve seen TV ads for it that Jobs might approve. Having said that - my opinion only holds if these things operate without the usual MS bugginess needing CNTRL-ALT-DEL key combo be invoked often.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
I agree the surface pro looks like a really cool device

But yeah, it still runs windows
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Microsoft had a secret windows theme...