My old iPhone 6S

Online now: DukeofNuke, maurvir, Yori
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I replaced my old iPhone because it was having battery issues and because i was badly in need of an upgrade, i replaced it. I was going to try to give it away to someone that wanted to replace the battery or didnt mind being tethered to an outlet. However, i don't think i wiped it. I might have. I just don't recall. So i plugged it in about a half hour ago, and after a few minutes, i could see the battery indicator but it seems to have stopped charging. I stopped using the phone the first week of March. Is it going to take hours to charge it? And if it doesn't end up charging, is my only option to smash it?
I was gonna delete, but since it's been viewed. Apparently it does take a phone with a bad battery thats been off for that long to turn on. And i didn't wipe it.
dv
Yeah, my housemate decided to take her old iPad 3 out of storage recently. Took a good hour to show the charging screen but it seems to work now.
It's still not even halfway charged, but i got it wiped at least. Not sure anyone's going to want to hassle with a phone this old, though.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
justine posted:
It's still not even halfway charged, but i got it wiped at least. Not sure anyone's going to want to hassle with a phone this old, though.

The 6S is still supported by iOS. Maybe not for much longer, but with a new battery, it's still a serviceable phone. We have a 6S plus that is still in use.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir posted:
justine posted:

The 6S is still supported by iOS. Maybe not for much longer, but with a new battery, it's still a serviceable phone. We have a 6S plus that is still in use.

Yep, a 6S is older but would make a perfectly serviceable phone for someone who needed one.
The iPhone 6s battery replacement kit from iFixIt.com is only $30. That kit does NOT include the iFixIt iOpener heat pad BUT do note that unlike in the comments for the iPhone 7 battery replacement kit I did not see any comments about how hard it was to separate the iPhone 6s screen from the base of the case, so the iOpener probably isn't as necessary for the iPhone 6s.

Hey, justine, you didn't mention the RAM in your old iPhone 6s (and I do not recall what it was if you had mentioned that number elsewhere). While an iPhone 6s with the minimum RAM of 16 GBs will be of limited use for any power user, even one with that little RAM would be useful for a NON-power user like my mom who has no interest in games or other apps (my mom only uses the RAM for taking/showing trip pics and videos).
OK guys, maybe i'll see if i can find a home for it. If you were to sell one, whazt would you sell it for?

DEyncourt, are you talking about storage? I don't think i've ever heard of RAM in a phone. BTW,it has 64GB storage and is Rose Gold.
justine posted:
[snip]
DEyncourt, are you talking about storage? I don't think i've ever heard of RAM in a phone. BTW,it has 64GB storage and is Rose Gold.

Ah, my error. In FUNCTION the storage and the built-in memory are both RAM, but the iPhone 6s has 2 GBs of built-in memory (which is more like RAM in a standard computer) while having different storage options (so more equivalent to an SSD in a standard computer) of between 16 and 128 GBs.

So, yes, I was asking about your old iPhone's storage of 64 GBs. Not that I'm interested in buying it--I was just curious.
64 is kinda low now. I wish they did 128 in the iPods, because 64 is too little and 256 is pricey.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
That means Apple has you exactly where they want you. They don't want you to feel like you have a reasonably-priced option. They want you to feel uncomfortable and spend for the higher-priced option.
obvs posted:
That means Apple has you exactly where they want you. They don't want you to feel like you have a reasonably-priced option. They want you to feel uncomfortable and spend for the higher-priced option.

Yup
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

My old iPhone 6S