Can you selectively delete browser cookie?

Online now: Google [Bot], macaddict4life
ukimalefu Canadized
What if I want to get rid of cookies from sites I haven't used in a couple weeks, but keep cookies from sites I used everyday? can that be done? easily? automatically?

I just thought of that.
In current Safari:

1) in the Safari menu select Preferences.

2) click on the Security tab.

3) open "Manage Website Data..."

4) select the ones you wish to remove (so no, this is not automatic).

While you could select "Block all cookies" in step 3, I would not recommend that because that would stop many sites from working.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Step 1: Get a real web browser - one that supports...
Step 2: Get a self-deleting cookie extension.

This solves so many problems it's hard to describe them all. Everyone gets to set a cookie - for about 30 seconds. You can whitelist the ones that get to set permanent cookies. This is one reason why I forget that the NY Times and Wash Post have paywalls.
ukimalefu Canadized
I'm using chrome...

I may look into a self-deleting cookie extension.

But that wouldn't help with websites I even forgot I ever used....

It's not really a big deal or something I'm worried about. I was just curious.
ukimalefu posted:
I'm using chrome...

I may look into a self-deleting cookie extension.

But that wouldn't help with websites I even forgot I ever used....

It's not really a big deal or something I'm worried about. I was just curious.

Actually it would, unless you wanted them to set a persistent cookie. Every visit is like the very first time.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Firefox has a cookie manager built in that allows you to do exactly what you said you want to do.
Pariah posted:
Firefox has a cookie manager built in that allows you to do exactly what you said you want to do.

Firefox will let you set cookies to last for the session, but a good cookie autodelete extension will nuke them after a preset number of seconds. The former will require you to periodically restart the browser, while the latter is what allows me to browse without worrying about cookies.
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
In Chrome, you can navigate to a site and then just click the lock next to its url. From there, you can manage all of the settings (including things like cookies) for that particular site.

Alternatively, you can go to Chrome:Preferences..., type cookies, click Cookies and other site data and then See all cookies and site data, and manage them from there.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs posted:
In Chrome, you can navigate to a site and then just click the lock next to its url. From there, you can manage all of the settings (including things like cookies) for that particular site.

Alternatively, you can go to Chrome:Preferences..., type cookies, click Cookies and other site data and then See all cookies and site data, and manage them from there.

LOL, aw human waste, and I always thought that lock just indicated HTPS. Firefox has the same thing I just discovered.
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
The lock does indicate HTTPS, but it's had additional functionality for the last several years.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs posted:
The lock does indicate HTTPS, but it's had additional functionality for the last several years.

I have come to realize that because I have been using computers so long and have so many long established habits that I won't notice useful features for years, like this.
Gotta start reading the What's New files again.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Can you selectively delete browser cookie?