I am done with Samsung

Online now: Google [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/06/1 ... -in-oneui/

Despite paying full freight for my phone, mine got "updated" to the ad-laden BS too. Worse, the music app had ads that looked identical to songs, no doubt increasing the number of accidental clicks.

I also saw this one. It nicely lets you skip it for 7 days. :squint:

Even better, if you downgrade manually, the phone will automatically update it even if you turn automatic updates to "never". I literally had to firewall both the Samsung app store and the music app to keep it from upgrading to the ad-laden version.

I don't know what my next phone will be, but I know what it won't be. :mad:
juice Inadvertently correct
That kind of behavior should be illegal.
ukimalefu Canadized
don't show for 7 days, how nice

:roll:

-

start googling for hacks
macnuke Afar
Still not an iPhone fan.

1+ is my choice..and not locked to a carriers crapware.
I have an unlocked, non-carrier S7 Edge. It didn't come with crapware when I bought it, that got added later.
ukimalefu Canadized
macnuke posted:
Still not an iPhone fan.

1+ is my choice..and not locked to a carriers crapware.

1+ does seem to be popular

Google pixel gets good reviews too

If you prefer android
macnuke Afar
1+ is more open...google pixel...wellprefers google
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I have a A-50, but I do not use their music app. I prefer my own music files.
Donkey Butter jerk face
They aren't even giving you good ads. That ad for 3 months of xm radio is pretty crap considering FB has ads all over it offering 4 month free. :p
Lombo Opiofiend
One plus is supposed to release a flagship level phone at mid-range price soon. One+ Nord I think it will be called. If the iPhone did not exist it would be my phone.
Lombo Opiofiend
Flagship SOC (865 and 12 gig of ram +128 go storage + 4500 or 5000 mah battery) and mid-range camera is the word on the street for this phone.
If you have root access or willing to have root access, you can try "AdAway", one of best ad blockers for Android. It's an open & free software and also works fine on Samsung.
I use Netguard. It uses the VPN service to block apps and is quite effective, and is one of the few things that keep me from switching to the iPhone. IOS doesn't expose a VPN connection in the same way, preventing system-wide ad or network blocking by an app.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

I am done with Samsung