Has anyone tried online icloud unlock services?

Online now: Google [Bot]
I have an honest-to-goodness lost and found iPhone 6S Plus. It was found powered off and held on to for about a week before being given to me by my dad. By the time I charged it up it had no service on it. I loaded the SIM into another phone and called the number, but the number was 'no longer in service'.

There was a notification on the lock screen about updates being 3 weeks out of date, so I know the device was logged into with a cloud account, but I reset it anyway so that I could see the IMEI number. It came back clean on the global checklist so I figured I might as well and try to revive it.

I have seen cloud unlock services advertised online but never used one. I used to have a factory unlock reseller account and did a lot of phone unlocks, but never have I tried to clear an iCloud account (and turned customers away asking the same) but that was around 2013 and I see a lot of ads for it now.

So, the question, is there a known-good source get iCloud unlocks? The market seems to be 20-40$ per unlock from what I've gathered.

Thank you,
Lombo Opiofiend
You should jailbreak it. Once it is done you can break the iCloud lock.
I had a 5S that was jailbroken with a custom springboard, custom apps, iirc the phone was made from the parts of three partially broken iPhones. Had a night mode 10 years before that became a standard option. That was fun. Getting iOS to go flat black was cool.

I don't trust my dad with jailbreaking. He gets viruses from Windows Notifications.
I guessed the 6-digit password. It was 1 2 3 4 5 6.

:shifty:

Put strong passwords people!
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Lombo Opiofiend
His iCloud password could not be 123456. You mean the passcode unlock?
Lombo posted:
His iCloud password could not be 123456. You mean the passcode unlock?

Yep it was the unlock code.
jkahless Custom Title
yelow posted:

That’s amazing, I’ve got the same combination on my luggage!
If you contact Apple with the serial, they will contact the owner (if possible) and ask them to contact you.

Though if you are in the phone, there's probably an entry for "Home" in the address book or whatever.
juice Inadvertently correct
jkahless posted:
yelow posted:

Beam me down, Snotty
jkahless Custom Title
juice posted:
jkahless posted:
yelow posted:

Beam me down, Snotty

Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was so big?
juice Inadvertently correct
jkahless posted:
juice posted:
jkahless posted:
yelow posted:

Beam me down, Snotty

I knew it! I’m surrounded by uncouth individuals!
macaddict4life posted:
...if you are in the phone, there's probably an entry for "Home" in the address book...

I had already wiped it assuming I would not be guessing the pin code any time soon.
jkahless Custom Title
juice posted:
jkahless posted:
juice posted:
jkahless posted:
yelow posted:

Beam me down, Snotty

I knew it! I’m surrounded by uncouth individuals!

Keep firing uncouth individuals!
yelow posted:
macaddict4life posted:
...if you are in the phone, there's probably an entry for "Home" in the address book...

I had already wiped it assuming I would not be guessing the pin code any time soon.

Well, contacting Apple would likely still work. Or take the phone with disabled SIM to the carrier.
That's more effort than I am going to put into it. Maybe if I didn't already wipe it and it still had the data on it, or if it was a brand new phone..

On that note, as it turns out, I had a 1-in-142 chance of guessing that password.
Got it. Finders keepers over ethics.
Isn't it still tied to the original owner's iCloud account even though it's wiped?
Looks like Find My wasn’t on, so this wasn’t an iCloud unlock issue after all. Find My is what will require the Apple ID password to prevent erasing all content and settings.
macaddict4life posted:
Looks like Find My wasn’t on, so this wasn’t an iCloud unlock issue after all. Find My is what will require the Apple ID password to prevent erasing all content and settings.

Wait, so if you don't have Find My iPhone turned on, you can factory reset without an iCloud password?
maurvir posted:
macaddict4life posted:

Wait, so if you don't have Find My iPhone turned on, you can factory reset without an iCloud password?

If you can't get the username + password right it gives the option to put in a pin. I triggered it by accident and decided to stuff a code into it instead of pressing cancel, and it worked. It was the second or third attempt total on this phone.

large image illustrating this feature

source: apple.com

I am only recently aware this is an option.

macaddict4life posted:
Got it. Finders keepers over ethics.

If it still had the data on it, or if it were a new phone, I'd give it more consideration. However, seeing as how I can pick up a (used) new one for about a hundred bucks, I'm not going to bother with it. /shrug
Which sounds like rationalization. Particularly when you are the reason it doesn't have the data on it.
macaddict4life posted:
Which sounds like rationalization. Particularly when you are the reason it doesn't have the data on it.

:roll: I didn't lose the phone nor find it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Has anyone tried online icloud unlock services?