New iPhone SE

Page: 1, 2, 3
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, Metacell, yelow
ukimalefu Canadized
yelow posted:
I am a lot tinfoily. It would be a breach of trust.

you are here

on the internet

they know

I made this:

:paranoid:
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
yelow posted:
A lot of security is implemented to make you feel secure rather than secure you.

I assumed as much. My house has expensive, gun-proof locks, but it also has floor to ceiling windows right next to the front door.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
After reading some reviews I am pretty sold on getting an SE. For once Apple has produced a product that only has features I don't care about gimped and the one feature I really care about is not gimped.
It really seems like a very solid value relative to other phones in that price range,
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I pulled the trigger on pre-ordering the new iPhone SE. I got it in red and 64GB.

Lombo Opiofiend
It seems to be the same shade of red of my previous XR. It is a deep red. Not subdued. In person it’s striking.
ukimalefu Canadized
How to Preorder the iPhone SE for $200 off

Quote:
The iPhone SE normally starts at $399, but Walmart’s limited preorder offer allows AT&T and Verizon customers to upgrade to the new iPhone SE for just $199 total—all you have to do is agree to pay a monthly installment plan. Monthly payments start at just $6.63, but the actual amount may vary based on your qualifications and the specific model you choose.

Also, Walmart’s deal only applies to carrier-activated models; if you want an unlocked iPhone SE, you’ll need to pay the full $399 for the 64GB model, $449 for the 128GB or $549 for the 256GB.

Quote:
Walmart’s deal is available now both online and in-store, but you’ll need to preorder before iPhone SE officially launches on April 24. Online preorders will take 2-4 days to arrive.

If you’re not eligible for Walmart’s deal—or just want to take stock of what other options are out there—Apple’s trade-in deal can get you up to $170 off the latest-model iPhone SE when you trade in your current iPhone.

Just found that now. I hope you can take advantage of that deal if you want.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:

Quote:
The iPhone SE normally starts at $399, but Walmart’s limited preorder offer allows AT&T and Verizon customers to upgrade to the new iPhone SE for just $199 total—all you have to do is agree to pay a monthly installment plan. Monthly payments start at just $6.63, but the actual amount may vary based on your qualifications and the specific model you choose.

Also, Walmart’s deal only applies to carrier-activated models; if you want an unlocked iPhone SE, you’ll need to pay the full $399 for the 64GB model, $449 for the 128GB or $549 for the 256GB.

Quote:
Walmart’s deal is available now both online and in-store, but you’ll need to preorder before iPhone SE officially launches on April 24. Online preorders will take 2-4 days to arrive.

If you’re not eligible for Walmart’s deal—or just want to take stock of what other options are out there—Apple’s trade-in deal can get you up to $170 off the latest-model iPhone SE when you trade in your current iPhone.

It is not a discount. If you add up the monthly payments you end up paying way more than the $400 to buy outright.
ukimalefu Canadized
Pariah posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Quote:

Quote:

It is not a discount. If you add up the monthly payments you end up paying way more than the $400 to buy outright.

damn

bastards

so it's just a trick, so if people can't buy it outright, they may still convince some people to buy it.

basically, if you can't pay cash, you should think twice about it
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:
Pariah posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Quote:

Quote:

damn

bastards

so it's just a trick, so if people can't buy it outright, they may still convince some people to buy it.

basically, if you can't pay cash, you should think twice about it

The deal I saw was you paid $199 up front, then extra monthly payments for 2 years that added up to just over $400 so you end up paying $600+ for the SE.
Carrier "deals" are never actually good deals.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Pariah posted:
I pulled the trigger on pre-ordering the new iPhone SE. I got it in red and 64GB.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I replaced my 5 with an 11 last November, and I was like, "DAYUM!"
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DukeofNuke posted:
Pariah posted:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I replaced my 5 with an 11 last November, and I was like, "DAYUM!"

LOL, ya, I expect a bit of an improvement getting a phone 6 generations newer than the one I have. ;)
ukimalefu Canadized
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I had told my foreman about ordering the SE and why I thought it as a good deal. He came in this morning and said after I had talked to him he went and looked at the SE himself and he pre-ordered one, too. :)
I just ordered my SE. 128GB white. Shipping is estimated between May 8 - 15th. This is perfect timing for me! It will be replacing my very old and tired iPhone 6s 128GB (trading it in for $80). I love the size and having a home button and think the finger print reader is sweet. What a phone at what a great price - I'm psyched. It seems like Apple is packing much more bang for ones dollar in many of their different offerings. I would have gotten a new MBA (cancelled orders twice) if Apple cooled the thing properly. Otherwise that's a great laptop too!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I think this SE is going to be a hit. Its not just a good deal by Apple standards, its a good deal relative to the whole market, which is unusual for Apple.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I ordered the Red 64 GB from Target today. Should be here on May 4. 5% off with my Target card!

I was frustrated to see that Amazon was only selling ones tied to Cricket wireless. I would have liked the option to spread out payments with my Amazon Prime card. Oh well!

This is my first new phone since the original SE. So glad they released a version two.
May 4th and you ordered just today? How did you do that? I ordered from Apple and it's taking longer. Hmmm
So I just checked Best Buy and if I placed an order with them I would have my phone by May 1st. I'm tempted to cancel my order with Apple and go through BB but I can only trade my old phone into Apple to get the $80 off so I will wait the extra week or two.
Ugh!
My delivery has been bumped up to Friday!!
jkahless Custom Title
Betonhaus posted:

In a mature design environment, that's a good sign. This phone sounds like a tank. If I had a budget for a phone, I'd get this one.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Betonhaus posted:

You were expecting differently?
Who cares? It's got the A13 bionic chip. I just hope the battery lasts a full day pf mid-use.
Lombo Opiofiend
It seems that battery life is bad. What can you expect from a 1800 cell ?
ukimalefu Canadized
Lombo posted:

Reviews I've seen say "about same as iPhone 8". Could be a little better due to more efficient processor and software management.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Lombo posted:

No, the battery life is less than the phablets Apple sells, which stands to reason because phablets have much larger batteries than smaller phones.
Lombo Opiofiend
My iPhone 11 Pro is the same size as the 8. Thicker and heavier but still not a phablets.
I must say that I regret not getting the pro Max as I’m craving the bigger screen.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Did I mention how much I’m lovin’ my XS?
Lombo Opiofiend
My order with Apple, which says shipping May 8 - 15, and still does, however, it was just updated and now reads underneath, "We’re getting ready to ship your order. We’ll email you the delivery information once it ships." So it looks like I should be getting it way earlier.

Update: Tracking number given and UPS says it will be delivered from China by next Thursday. I'm glad I ordered that 18W charger for it a few days ago!
UPS is now saying
"Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible." So it's stuck in Shanghai, China. That's what happen's when you count your chicken's before they hatch!
My new phone is here! Waiting on the data transfer.

Coincidentally, my kids' iPhone SE decided to vibrate itself to death last night. So I guess my old one will go straight to them. :/
And that 18w iPhone charger arrived today, 2 days early of course!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I got a text from Apple saying my SE shipped from China on 4/30 and I should expect delivery on the 11th, which is fine but I looked at the tracking and my phone arrived in Kentucky today. Maybe they are padding the date because of Covid cuz it sure does not take a week to get from there to here usually.
Malkin posted:
My new phone is here! Waiting on the data transfer.

So how are you liking it? Does the processor make things way speedier?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
No fair!!

My foreman got his SE today even though he ordered it 2 days after I ordered mine.
:(
Mine's in Kentucky too (it was also delayed in China) with the same delivery date Pariah! Not sure why it would take till Monday to move from KY to my sate of Mass. All I know is I can Pick up a new iPhone SE at my local BestBuy tomorrow had I not ordered directly from Apple. Wtf? So while I wait I ordered a white silicone case directly from Apple to go with my white iPhone when it should arrive... It's gonna look and feel sweet at least when it finally gets here!
It's a very nice upgrade.

The camera is tons nicer, which is probably the main thing I notice.

Honestly, I mostly web browse and play silly phone games, so I'm not sure processor speed makes that big of a difference for me.

I think you will be pleased. It's definitely not disappointing.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I've had packages sit in my local distribution center for days waiting for the delivery date.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

New iPhone SE

Page: 1, 2, 3