Which network attached storage to use for Time Machine?

Online now: Google [Bot], juice, ukimalefu
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
I doubt I need more than 4TB. Anybody got any good recommendations?

Amazon lists a Western Digital one as their pick, but back when hard drives had moving parts, I seem to remember WD ones failing a lot. Is it safe to assume they fixed that or what?
Lombo Opiofiend
WD makes a NAS ? Could you provide a link ?
Lombo posted:
WD makes a NAS ? Could you provide a link ?

Here you go. As I said, Amazon is listing it as "Amazon's Choice," or whatever they call it.

https://smile.amazon.com/Diskless-Cloud ... Caps%2C194
dv
They're fine, but if you only have one or two computers to back up, it's probably simpler/easier to just subscribe to BackBlaze or one of the other cloud services.
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
I bought an app called Arq which supports automatically backing up to your choice of a whole bunch of cloud backup services and cloud storage services.

Their support is awesome, and has always been really helpful. In fact, I migrated a Mac to another Mac(and was going to continue to use both), and accidentally forgot to set up new separate backup settings for the new Mac, and just about a half hour ago they told me how to fix that, so the computer I owned first can own its backup history again, and my second Mac can have its own new separate backups.

I definitely recommend, and they have a 30-day free trial. It's $80 with lifetime updates, and then you just pay for whatever cloud storage you prefer(or, hell, you may have enough free storage with one of those). I previously used it with Amazon Drive, but now use it with Google Drive.
And when that cloud is inevitably hacked, and their encryption is inevitably proved to be not as strong as they thought it was, then all these really, really, really shameful, disgusting, embarrassing things involving me and my humiliating sexual fetishes will be spread around the entire Internet.
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
The cloud storage is encrypted, and Arq also encrypts the data itself within that storage.

And besides, your sexual fetishes aren't that humiliating.
obvs posted:
your sexual fetishes aren't that humiliating.

Wait a minute, how do you know about my fetishes!?

Oh God, oh God, oh God

PLEASE TELL NOBODY
All hail obvs, our Macintosh overlord!!!

<psst...that was obsequious enough, wasn't that?>
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Which network attached storage to use for Time Machine?