Improved MacBook Air, $999

Online now: Betonhaus, Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], ukimalefu
ukimalefu last throes

Quote:
Featuring the latest 10th-generation Intel Core processors up to 1.2GHz quad-core Core i7 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.8GHz, MacBook Air delivers up to two times faster performance when compared to the previous generation. And with Intel Iris Plus Graphics, MacBook Air now delivers up to 80 percent faster graphics performance, so graphics-intensive activities like playing games and editing video are faster than ever.

Quote:
MacBook Air now features the new Magic Keyboard, first introduced on the 16-inch MacBook Pro. A redesigned scissor mechanism delivers 1mm of key travel for a comfortable and stable key feel, while the new inverted-“T” arrangement for the arrow keys makes them easier to find without looking down.

Quote:
MacBook Air now starts with 256GB of storage, double that of the previous generation, so customers can store even more movies, photos and files. And for those who need even more storage capacity, MacBook Air offers up to a 2TB SSD, double the previous maximum storage.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/03/ ... -just-999/
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Neat. If the world doesn’t fall apart entirely by next September, my district will probably buy those for us. (Or they could spend money on staffing, but that would be crazy!)
dv
Mustapha Mond posted:
Neat. If the world doesn’t fall apart entirely by next September, my district will probably buy those for us. (Or they could spend money on staffing, but that would be crazy!)

Different money-buckets. :goth:
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
dv posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:

That’s what they say, but I i have doubts. They’re the ones who decide how much goes in which bucket. As far as I know, when the money first shows up as a chunk of tax revenue, nobody says “Here’s a few hundred million dollars but no matter what you do you have spend 60% of it in any manner you want as long as it doesn’t improve educational outcomes.”
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I really need the MBP 14-incher to come out soon.
Mustapha Mond posted:
dv posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:

That’s what they say, but I i have doubts. They’re the ones who decide how much goes in which bucket. As far as I know, when the money first shows up as a chunk of tax revenue, nobody says “Here’s a few hundred million dollars but no matter what you do you have spend 60% of it in any manner you want as long as it doesn’t improve educational outcomes.”

Really depends. A lot of money does come with specific purposes. In particular, donations, special programs that increase funding, federal grants, and other federally sourced funding tend to be for a specific purpose.
jkahless Custom Title
Aye. A lot of funds are designated for a particular purpose.
macnuke Afar
china has production facilities up and running?
macnuke posted:
china has production facilities up and running?

There were reports of manufacturing at around 25-50% capacity after the extra 2 weeks at lunar new year, and while some parts of China were slammed by the virus a lot of areas were not nearly so seriously impacted.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Improved MacBook Air, $999