Comcast is becoming more proactive

Online now: Google [Bot], iDaemon
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Comcast earned some brownie points from me this week! I just figured the minor issues i was having were wind related. I received 2 automated calls saying they could see i was having issues and to make an appt for someone to come out. They did come out. I had some bad hardware outside that he replaced, and took away unnecessary wiring that was just in the way. I mentioned to the guy, who was an actual Comcast guy, that i was surprised to get the calls and he said they're becoming more proactive and trying to find issues before it becomes a real issue for the customer. In other words, they want to find the problems before the customer does.

Real happy with the service this week.
That's unexpected. Are they charging you for that service?
No, they aren't. I asked both the tech, and the phone person when i called to ask why, and they said Comcast wants to be more proactive in finding issues before the customer does. My problem was fixed, and the tech was familiar with almost all my Halloween animatronics which was cool. :D
macnuke Afar
a network monitoring their network..... and being proactive in keeping it healthy...
nice :up:
juice Inadvertently correct
That is not the Comcastic service we’ve come to expect.
dv
macnuke posted:
a network monitoring their network..... and being proactive in keeping it healthy...

They probably had to be convinced it was cheaper to do it this way.
I don't know why they're now doing this, but i like it. I'm also wondering if AT&Ts fiber moving into the neighborhood had anything to do with it, although, from what i'm hearing, AT&T still has wasteful service.
juice Inadvertently correct
justine posted:
I don't know why they're now doing this, but i like it. I'm also wondering if AT&Ts fiber moving into the neighborhood had anything to do with it, although, from what i'm hearing, AT&T still has wasteful service.

Competition makes you try harder.
macnuke Afar
dv posted:
macnuke posted:

They probably had to be convinced it was cheaper to do it this way.

amazing what a good bean counter can do when you switch from instant gratification to long term goals.

besides.. everyone knows the "cable" of old is just about dead and a consumer is only interested in a good internet connection. look to the future or die.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
about 18 months ago the cable from the pole to my house went bad. I had to fight with Comcast for 2 weeks because they wanted to charge me for the repair.
dv
Pariah posted:
about 18 months ago the cable from the pole to my house went bad. I had to fight with Comcast for 2 weeks because they wanted to charge me for the repair.

Sounds extortion-ey.

There should be a clearly defined demarc point in your terms of service and/or contract language. It's usually in your house.

Call a lawyer next time.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Comcast is becoming more proactive