Deep Fusion vs Night Mode —UPDATED WITH HIGH QUALITY IMAGES

Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
Lombo Opiofiend
What is Deep Fusion

With Deep Fusion, anytime you take a photo in medium to low light conditions, like indoors, the camera will switch automatically into the mode to lower image noise and optimize detail. Deep Fusion, unlike Smart HDR, works at the pixel level. If you're using the "telephoto" lens on the iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max, the camera will drop into Deep Fusion pretty much anytime you're not in the brightest light.

This means the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max have optimized modes for bright light, low light and now medium light. And I'd argue that most people's photos are taken in medium- to low-light situations like indoors. The impact that Deep Fusion will have on your photos is enormous.

Here are some photos I shot earlier today.
EDIT (I switched the hoster from imgur to Dropbox (imgur mangled the images.))

Deep Fusion

Night Mode on

Night Mode off
(Shot the image using the ultra-wide lens which do not have the Night Mode capability)

You can click the images to enbiggen them. Keep in mind that the original are not JPG compressed so they are prettier than these.

The result of night mode is worth upgrading to this phone for it alone.

And I will try to find better scenes to showcase Deep Fusion. The image with all sort of leaves and water do a good job of demonstrating the power of Derp Fusion
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Deep Fusion vs Night Mode —UPDATED WITH HIGH QUALITY IMAGES