Anyone have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus?

Online now: No visible users
Apple has this program which will replace "a component that may fail".

On that page is a look-up by iPhone serial number to determine if yours is one those that was affected.

Do note that there are some restrictions such as requiring replacement of a cracked front screen before having that part replaced.
cool, mine's a bit older than that
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I have a 6S but am planning on replacing it with an 11.
It is a free part replacement so you would only lose the use of your iPhone 6s for the time of the repair (likely can be done within an hour or two at an Apple Store, though maybe Apple might do something like require even an Apple Store to order parts which might require a longer time).

AND if the serial number of your iPhone 6s or 6s Plus falls within the repair window BUT you had gotten it repaired for this problem, Apple is offering a refund but you must contact Apple for that.

There is a limited time window for this replacement. This only applies to the iPhone 6s/Plus that are within 2 years of purchase date. Since those models were sold until mid-September 2018 (or maybe a bit later if you got one that was still in an Apple Store's stock after ordering them from Apple was closed), the still eligible models are only the 32 and 128 GB versions; the originally offered 16 and 64 GBs versions are outside of that two-year window. While the 128 GB version was sold throughout the time the 6s/Pluses were available, only those sold after October 2017 are still eligible for now (though I am guessing that the defective part was only in those later 6s/Pluses).
I think i'm 2 months short of 2 years, but i can't remember.
justine posted:
I think i'm 2 months short of 2 years, but i can't remember.

1) if yours is a 16 or 32 64 GB version, then it is NOT covered by this.

2) check the linked page to Apple in my first post to see if yours is one that could be affected.

3) if you had to have your 6s repaired because it wouldn't turn on but you paid for a repair to fix that problem, then MAYBE yours is covered by this program and you get the cost of your repair refunded by Apple, but that will require a call to Apple.

EDIT: GAH! My bad error.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:16 am.

Mines 64 and i am going to check. Thanks.
justine posted:
Mines 64 and i am going to check. Thanks.

My apologies, justine.

What I had written earlier was correct and I have corrected my previous post to reflect that, so, sorry, your 64 GB model is too old to be covered by this program (but that also likely means that yours does NOT have that defective part).
Oh ok, no biggy. I was gonna have to take the case off to get the serial number, and i likely wouldn't get it back on since it's broken.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
justine posted:
Oh ok, no biggy. I was gonna have to take the case off to get the serial number, and i likely wouldn't get it back on since it's broken.

You can also get the serial number from the settings utility under general -> about.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Anyone have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus?