New phone this evening.

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
Yori Program
Finally upgrading my Galaxy S6. There's a shiny new Pixel 3a sitting in my local DPD depot and I'll be picking it up on my way home from work. :)
Vulture 420
I'm interested in your opinion on this, I've never even considered these phones and have no idea about how the public receives them. I'm guessing it's a success now that it's been a few years.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I'd be curious as well. The Pixel 3A is a strange phone, clearly sitting in the middle of the pack performance wise, but sporting the same camera and software as the hyper expensive versions. I really, really wish Google would bring back the Nexus line, where you got flagship processors and RAM in "cheap" polycarbonate cases, but I guess that will never happen again.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir posted:
I'd be curious as well. The Pixel 3A is a strange phone, clearly sitting in the middle of the pack performance wise, but sporting the same camera and software as the hyper expensive versions. .

This is exactly why I have been looking at the Pixel3a. The only thing I care about is the camera, I couldn't care less about processor power.
Yori Program
So far I'm very impressed. The camera is absolutely amazing for a mid-range phone, especially the Night Sight feature.

Android 10 is very nice as well, just getting used to the gesture controls at the moment as my old phone is stuck on Android 7.

Waiting on EE to port my number across (should happen overnight tonight) so my Galaxy S6 is still my main phone but I have everything set up on the Pixel how I like it.

One nice touch was part of the initial setup. Google provide a USB-C to USB-A dongle so you can connect via a cable to your old phone and it transferred all of the accounts, settings and apps automatically (even easier than using Samsung Smart Switch). It started the app automatically on the S6 when I connected the cable so I assume it's part of the Google Play Services.

The screen is really nice and the fingerprint sensor is way more accurate than the one on the S6 which often took several attempts to unlock.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

New phone this evening.