Got an app for menstruation? Facebook has got all your data

Online now: gd, Google [Bot]
"No Body's Business But Mine: How Menstruation Apps Are Sharing Your Data".

To be sure: not all apps have all the data, but a lot of them have collected a bunch of personal info that you likely would not have shared even with close friends, and Facebook makes quite an effort to spread this data around to help prove its worth to data trackers.
Vulture 420
I feel like I'm not wrong when I say the general understanding and evidence of how FB works is overwhelmingly positive and helpful to people all over the world. Using FB on your personal computer and devices is in no way like a computer virus meant to nefariously extract digital currency in the form of data from you by parasitic means. Absolutely no way that claim can logistically hold up in any discussion.
Vulture posted:
I feel like I'm not wrong when I say the general understanding and evidence of how FB works is overwhelmingly positive and helpful to people all over the world. Using FB on your personal computer and devices is in no way like a computer virus meant to nefariously extract digital currency in the form of data from you by parasitic means.

[snip]

Of course Facebook doesn't have to hide what it is doing considering that nearly all its users are giving up their data freely.

And do read the linked article. In some cases it is unclear exactly what connection Facebook has with some of these app companies that collect this menstruation data, but nonetheless when some of these apps are opened then a link to Facebook is opened simultaneously even if the user does not have a Facebook account.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Got an app for menstruation? Facebook has got all your data