Fresh fruit this tuesday

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Google [Bot], macaddict4life, Majestic-12 [Bot], Metacell
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Well that looks dorky

It looks like a little alien that's surprised that you're actually taking a picture in landscape mode.
lots of camera sofware magic

with 2x optical zoom and wide (and "ultra wide", they say) angle lenses

and slow mo selfies
The iPhone 11 starts at $699.
iPhone 11 Pro

Midnight green, space gray, silver / white, and gold.

Pro display. Pro Max is 6.5 inch, Pro is 5.8 in.

that's inside the iphone pro

superduper, I suppose
trp photographers use the new ipone pro camera

with a 3rd party app, you can shoot separate video with each camera at the same time
you can now buy any apple watch with any case and any band at the apple stores...

this is new!?
the apple new york store is now redesigned and bigger

that's the mistery colored cube
and that was it
Vulture 420
Cool, so when is everybody buying their pro phone? :lol:
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Vulture posted:

Donkey Butter jerk face
Vulture posted:

Since my work will pay for it, probably on the 20th. :)
sean Royal Wombat
Vulture posted:

It's tempting.... I just don't think I can justify it... I've not had my XS Max that long...
Vulture 420
I don't know when I'll bite the bullet, but if I can get an Apple Card and just pay it off, I'll do that. Is there a difference at all in features between the two sizes of Pros? I hate big "phones".
Oh wait, I can't even get Apple Card because you need at least an iPhone 6 just to download Wallet and apply for it :lol:
Someone has claimed to have pitted the iPhone 11 Pro's camera against the P30 Pro's camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhwVlrvbck8

I have no idea how they got the iPhone 11 pro
Betonhaus posted:
Someone has claimed to have pitted the iPhone 11 Pro's camera against the P30 Pro's camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhwVlrvbck8

I have no idea how they got the iPhone 11 pro

some developers may have it?

I'd wait for actual reviews of phones you can actually buy

BUT, if one there's one thing you can learn from apple's videos, if you pay attention, if that the iphone's cameras, or any camera, can be amazing, if you give them to people who really know what they're doing. Apple was honest, they did they say they gave the iphone 11 to pro photographers and film makers, sometimes using third party apps, and the results were truly amazing. For ordinary people, pics and videos will be just fine, better than whatever phone they had before.

And before the year is over, a competing phone will be out that does a trick or two the iphone doesn't do. It doesn't matter. IMHO, any phone is good enough for anybody.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I literally do not care a jot about sub-mac devices. I don't care how wonderfully powerful and life-orgazmatronning it is. I hate the interface.
I insist, wait for actual reviews, a few of them. But here's an opinion from someone...

The Cheapest least expensive iPhone 11 Might Be Impossible to Beat
TOS
ukimalefu posted:
I insist, wait for actual reviews, a few of them. But here's an opinion from someone...

"never buy version 1" -- kirk
TOS
Here is something that was released on Sept. 10th that wasn't part of the headlines.

Apparently sometime last year Apple introduced a new system which would allow buyers of SOME new gear such as the iPhone 8s to go with an installment plan for AppleCare+. You can choose to pay for AppleCare+ all at once at the start or to include its price with the monthly payment plan to pay for the phone itself (thus ending at the time that AppleCare+ coverage normally ends).

With the iPhone 11s, iPads and Apple Watch Series 5, there is a different option for CONTINUING AppleCare+ that can last beyond the original 24 months that is payable by the month. Do note that Apple reserves the right the cancel their side with a 30-day notice if parts for an aging device become no longer available.

Currently since the iPhone 11s are NOT available for sale yet, how much that installment plan for that continuing AppleCare+ on the iPhone 11s will cost is unknown.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
DEyncourt posted:
Here is something that was released on Sept. 10th that wasn't part of the headlines.

Apparently sometime last year Apple introduced a new system which would allow buyers of SOME new gear such as the iPhone 8s to go with an installment plan for AppleCare+. You can choose to pay for AppleCare+ all at once at the start or to include its price with the monthly payment plan to pay for the phone itself (thus ending at the time that AppleCare+ coverage normally ends).

With the iPhone 11s, iPads and Apple Watch Series 5, there is a different option for CONTINUING AppleCare+ that can last beyond the original 24 months that is payable by the month. Do note that Apple reserves the right the cancel their side with a 30-day notice if parts for an aging device become no longer available.

Currently since the iPhone 11s are NOT available for sale yet, how much that installment plan for that continuing AppleCare+ on the iPhone 11s will cost is unknown.

I suppose that makes it a bit easier to drop about $1.4k. :squint:
DEyncourt posted:

Yeah, I'm doing the installment payments on my iPad Pro and my wife's iPad Air. I did the math and it's exactly the same price, plus it actually draws from my Apple account balance. I do all of my major subscriptions from the same balance (Hulu, Pandora, etc), and I fill it using cards I normally buy at 15-20% off from sales at Costco, Amazon, or Best Buy. The best is when I can get the sale at Best Buy, because then I can also get 5% cash back on one of my credit cards. So, in effect, my TV subscriptions and AppleCare+ (by doing the monthly) are consistently 15%+ off.
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

"never buy version 1" -- kirk

it's good advice
Ribtor posted:

That's interesting. The iPhone 7, which iirc was the last best-selling iPhone, is also the last standard-line iPhone that stuck to the previous pricing brackets.

The iPhone 11 is almost as cheap as the 7 was, but it may suffer from the recent "iPhone is overpriced and not worth it anymore" stigma.
Vulture 420
My last iPhone has been in use since 2013, I thought it was 21012 but I think it's actually 2013. So, it's been almost 7 years. I think it's time to get a new one, and I'm thinking I may as well get the one with the most storage and the highest price. Will this one last me another 6 years? If so, it means I pay about $240/year over time, which last time I had horrible cable service that's what they wanted to bill me per month. I'd rather pay that yearly for a phone, or even just pay the $65 per month to "rent" a phone and get the new one every year. People blow so much more money on other crap it's not that big of a deal in this new phone addicted economy that they've "got ya" because desire is a real uncouth individual.
Nothing yet has been truly ground breaking, so I'll just stick with my SE for now. I don't take a lot of photos with my phone; so all that upgraded stuff isn't going to sway me.
avkills posted:
Nothing yet has been truly ground breaking, so I'll just stick with my SE for now. I don't take a lot of photos with my phone; so all that upgraded stuff isn't going to sway me.

The SE is still supported in iOS 13, so that’s not a bad plan at all.

I have an 8 Plus and am under contract until next October, so I will likely get whatever the 11s ends up being.
Vulture 420
I dropped my phone again and it's pretty much broken again and I don't feel like fixing it. I'm going to have to get one of these things sooner than later. In the meantime it's kind of nice just acting like I don't have a phone, like life was before late 2007. I'm not in a hurry.
Vulture posted:
I dropped my phone again and it's pretty much broken again and I don't feel like fixing it. I'm going to have to get one of these things sooner than later. In the meantime it's kind of nice just acting like I don't have a phone, like life was before late 2007. I'm not in a hurry.

Maybe try an otterbox if the ordinary cases aren't good enough.
dv
Vulture 420
Well, since I need a new one and they're not even out yet, I figured I may as well get it over with.

Lombo Opiofiend
Good choice. I can’t wait for mine to get shipped.(iphone11)
DEyncourt posted:

I just now checked Apple's site for the iPhone 11s and while they are offering pre-sales, the separate page for AppleCare+ only has the offerings that are limited to 24 months ($8.29 or $12.45 [with theft and loss protection] per month for an iPhone 11 Pro or Pro Max) and NOT offering the continuing care yet, AND not offering the one lump payment for AppleCare+ at the start option at all (even if you chose to pay for the iPhone 11 itself in one lump payment). Perhaps Apple's plan is get people used to paying monthly for this "service", then near the end of the 24 months Apple will make the offer for continuing care? Or maybe Apple decided to NOT offer the continuing care beyond 24 months?

Hmm...if I complained could I get a better trade-in discount than the $150 I was offered for my iPhone 7 considering that I DID pay more to get the 256 GB model? The iPhone 7s did originally come with 32, 64 and 256 GB in RAM, but that 256 GB model became no longer orderable when the iPhone 8s were released (which predated the release of the iPhone Xs by 5 weeks), being replaced by a 128 GB model.

Mind you: I checked just out of curiosity. I am NOT planning to upgrade to an iPhone 11 (yet).
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Fresh fruit this tuesday

Page: 1, 2