Fresh fruit this tuesday

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], ukimalefu
anything you're interested in?

Last edited by Betonhaus on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:23 pm.

Vulture 420
I'm very interested in the case Apple will make for me to upgrade my "phone" from the iPhone 5. My biggest reasons are merely storage capacity and being able to update the OS, but I'm curious about what the new top tier model will bring all rumors aside.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Apple will be live streaming it’s September 10th event for the first time on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=996wliAI_y4
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Yup, my son's phone human waste the bed a few months back, and it's time for me to upgrade, so . . .

I'll get the new model, my wife will get my old one, my son will get hers.
Knock wood, but right now I have no major complaints about my iPhone 7 (note: not a 7 Plus) and so I am not in the market to get a replacement (especially considering that Apple has conceded to the "bigger form is better" crowd).

On the other hand, about iOS...let's just say that I want Apple to get out their version of iOS which will outright kill iTunes ASAP because I can only hope that the replacement apps for podcasts, books and music will work better.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
I am so anxiously awaiting Music, because iTunes is just godawful.

Thankfully, I have Spotify, which is drastically better than iTunes.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
obvs posted:
I am so anxiously awaiting Music, because iTunes is just godawful.

Thankfully, I have Spotify, which is drastically better than iTunes.

better? how so?

serious question

But ok, the only thing I use iTunes for, is to listen to my music, almost always on random.

Spotify is streaming, iTunes is not, unless you dig down to the Apple music section? right? I don't know, I can't use either spotify or apple music.

Sometimes I use youtube to listen to music.
Spotify has a streaming feature, but it has a kind of podcasting feature, where any playlist you have can be downloaded(downloading the playlist and the songs that are in that playlist) and play them back even when you don't have an internet connection.

So, say that one of my favorite artists is Becky G. Spotify can create a playlist called "Becky G Radio", which is basically just a playlist of music that's similar to Becky G or related to Becky G. I subscribe to that, and it will keep the playlist (including the song files) on my computer(and on my phone). But I can also create curated playlists which I control, and the podcasting feature(not exactly called that, but it's what it does) will make sure the playlist and the associated song files stay available on my devices.
obvs posted:
Spotify has a streaming feature, but it has a kind of podcasting feature, where any playlist you have can be downloaded(downloading the playlist and the songs that are in that playlist) and play them back even when you don't have an internet connection.

So, say that one of my favorite artists is Becky G. Spotify can create a playlist called "Becky G Radio", which is basically just a playlist of music that's similar to Becky G or related to Becky G. I subscribe to that, and it will keep the playlist (including the song files) on my computer(and on my phone). But I can also create curated playlists which I control, and the podcasting feature(not exactly called that, but it's what it does) will make sure the playlist and the associated song files stay available on my devices.

All features common to Spotify, Apple Music, and whatever the name for the upper tier of Pandora subscription is.
Oh, I know that.

But I've always found Spotify's suggestions to be better compared to Pandora(in that it suggests a lot more than just the absolute most popular songs, but still maintains really good quality).

Admittedly it's been a long time since I tried Apple Music, but two things:
  1. When I did try it, it would keep playing songs I had told it to never play again(which was years ago and has admittedly probably been fixed), and
  2. Given iTunes' godawful interface and Apple's tendency to make interfaces worse, I've been really apprehensive about touching anything similar from Apple.

Vulture 420
I've stopped listening to music altogether when I'm not at home. I've seemingly leapfrogged out of the demographic (or regressed to the 1970s) that cares about why the iPod was first created. This may also be displaced because I carefully schedule my weekly music listening, practicing, playing, composing, an working times.
I am listening to more and more music. In particular, since about 80-90% of music I've listened to since about April has been in Spanish, so the amount of new music I'm being exposed to is just huge. If you imagine that you'd never heard more than a handful of English songs and that you were suddenly exposed to decades of available music in English, well, the experience is pretty similar.

I'm just like "I like that one, and that one, and oh, definitely that one."
Vulture 420
That is a sign of high intelligence. There may be nothing quite so profound to the human experience as high amounts of musical exposure.
Lombo Opiofiend
If the iPhone 11 ships on the 10th I will be able to return to xr for the hotness.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Quote:
For the first time in years the front display windows of the Apple Store will be shielded by black curtains, the night before and during the #AppleEvent.

Wait till you see why.

https://twitter.com/BrianRoemmele/statu ... 22082?s=20

Don't know who that guy is, not that it matters, probably just a rumor...

...some people say Apple is returning to the rainbow apple logo, or some version of it

I wish I could be surprised with something really cool, an out nowhere "one more thing", but that just doesn't happen anymore.
obvs posted:
I am listening to more and more music. In particular, since about 80-90% of music I've listened to since about April has been in Spanish, so the amount of new music I'm being exposed to is just huge. If you imagine that you'd never heard more than a handful of English songs and that you were suddenly exposed to decades of available music in English, well, the experience is pretty similar.

I'm just like "I like that one, and that one, and oh, definitely that one."

Try Alex Cuba. He is great. He also lives in my old home town in Northern BC.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
So let's make this the official thread for... lets call it the iPhone 11 event

watch apple's live stream here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=996wliAI_y4

or here:

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/livestream/

-

This is the live blog I'll be looking at

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/10/2084 ... ent-photos
juice Inadvertently correct
I'll be watching my ukinews feed quite closely
ukimalefu dysfunctional
juice posted:
I'll be watching my ukinews feed quite closely

don't expect much, because I don't

cross your fingers for something nice like it was xmas morning

but don't cry if you don't get the toy you wanted

*edit*

and now my internet is cutting in and out

human waste
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
that translucent colors apple logo is animated, it rocks slowly back and forth and changes colors, looks cool...
ukimalefu dysfunctional
It's on

intro video showed the current iPhone XR

there's a hint?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
they start with apple arcade

games are important now for apple?

who knew?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
apple arcade 4.99$ per month - for the whole family

apple tv+, same price

buy any apple device now, and you'll get a free year of apple tv+
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
New 7th-gen iPad. It looks a lot like the previous-gen, but with a larger 10.2-inch Retina display.

ukimalefu dysfunctional
A10 Fusion chip, which is 2x faster than the top-selling PC.

ok, apple
ukimalefu dysfunctional
new ipad Has a Smart Connector for the full-size smart keyboard.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
iPad OS is great, mulktitasking, blahblahblah
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Just mentioned "connecting a thumb drive," but we haven't seen the bottom yet. Lightning or USB-C?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
new ipad starts at 329$
ukimalefu dysfunctional
internet crapped out

uhm... apple watch is great, I guess
ukimalefu dysfunctional
oh there's a new apple watch coming

series 5

surprise!

Always-on Retina Display

ok, is that good?

LTPO display refreshes dynamically, from 60Hz to as low as 1Hz for power saving.

it also darkens, but never goes completely off
ukimalefu dysfunctional
compass in the new watch
ukimalefu dysfunctional
all new devices are 100% recycled aluminum

there a new watches made from titanium
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Keeping Series 3 watch, starts at $199.

the new series 5 starts at 399$
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Fresh fruit this tuesday

Page: 1, 2