fiat 500, rip

Page: 1, 2
Online now: belloq451, DEyncourt
dv
obvs posted:
I wasn't referring to dv.

And the only people I've ever heard use that are incels.

No, obviously this is about me. :p
Vulture 420
dv posted:
obvs posted:
I wasn't referring to dv.

And the only people I've ever heard use that are incels.

No, obviously this is about me. :p

:lol: You always have the best sense of humor even in the typed word format where so many things can be inferred the wrong way.
TOS
what have you beta redpill fuckbags done to my thread
TOS posted:

We established that men insecure in their masculinity (or just adverse to dinky little cars) would never drive one then moved on.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Betonhaus posted:
TOS posted:

We established that men insecure in their masculinity (or just adverse to dinky little cars) would never drive one then moved on.

Large, powerful cars are only fun out on the open road at speed. Small, nimble cars are fun all the time, even in city traffic. Not to mention the impotent silliness of a 500hp car blundering around in city traffic at 30mph.
I took a hard look at getting a 500 Abarth for a daily a month or so ago when I was reminded of how hilarious the stock exhaust sounds and it's almost a 3 door hatchback. They depreciate like crazy but it's not a lot of car for the money.
Vulture 420
Stupid impotent powerful cars! Small cars are the real masculine man's car! Death to all beta males in giant pointless vehicles.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
TOS posted:

I feel like it’s my fault, and I don’t even know why...
Except this is literally the only thing you posted before the thread went sideways, and it seems fine and on topic

mmaverick posted:
The actual and perceived lack of quality/reliability of fiat probably doesn’t help them out much either.
Add in that the car’s base styling hasn’t really changed since coming back in the mid 2000’s and you end up with a car that just doesn’t excite the average person like it did when it first showed back up on the scene.

I think it may enjoy a bit of a used car renaissance in a few years, similar to the Honda S2000 that was a big seller until Honda let it stagnate and die. It’s now a sought after car in the used market.

That being said, what about something like the Nissan Micra? You can buy it with a stick shift.
We had a four door Fiat we rented this summer in France. I realized I miss driving a manual! Didn't care for the car much though.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Betonhaus posted:
That being said, what about something like the Nissan Micra? You can buy it with a stick shift.

Not sold in the USA.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Vulture posted:
MGTOW

I had to look that up.
Vulture 420
C. Ives posted:
Vulture posted:
MGTOW

I had to look that up.

Had I not payed attention to 2 people on YT over the past 2 years, I would have no idea what that was either.
Pariah posted:
Betonhaus posted:

Not sold in the USA.

Really? There's a fuckton over here.

The SmartCar isn't sold with a Manual...

What about a Honda Fit? A Mini Cooper?

The Mitsubishi Mirage has a manual version, but only 80hp. That's nearly a third of what my ST has...

The Chevy Spark has a little more horsepower at 98
Vulture 420
This thread has me thinking about what small car I would love to drive if somebody forced me to get one...most likely it would be something from the late 1990s where build quality was still there and I could fix it myself.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
C. Ives posted:
Vulture posted:
MGTOW

I had to look that up.

Every time I see it I think of magic the gathering.
mmaverick posted:
C. Ives posted:
Vulture posted:
MGTOW

I had to look that up.

Every time I see it I think of magic the gathering.

Pariah Know Your Enemy
Vulture posted:
This thread has me thinking about what small car I would love to drive if somebody forced me to get one...most likely it would be something from the late 1990s where build quality was still there and I could fix it myself.

LOL, ya, because nothing is as reliable as a 20+ year old car. :lol:
Pariah posted:
Vulture posted:

to be fair... they were reliable 20 years ago.

But that's because they followed cars from the late 1980's when they were still figuring out how to add electrics to a car.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Betonhaus posted:
Pariah posted:
Vulture posted:

to be fair... they were reliable 20 years ago.

But that's because they followed cars from the late 1980's when they were still figuring out how to add electrics to a car.

Most new cars should give you a reliable first 100,000 miles due to the way the regulations require the emissions to meet certification for that period. All you really need to do is deal with oil changes and tires.
Pariah posted:
Not sold in the USA.

Years ago I saw a Micra cruising around here with Mexican plates.

The only feature I thought was cool on a Micra was that some models had a switchable 4WD to get moving in the snow. The rear axle had an electric motor.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
There is some irony to be found in that even as we proceed to an electric car future America continues it's glutinous orgy of consuming ever larger, heavier cars and eliminating more efficient ICE options.
We are going to gorge ourselves on oil right to the bitter stick fiddling end.
Vulture 420
Pariah posted:
Vulture posted:

Yeah, and nothing is as reliable as just randomly choosing any car that just happens to be new and hoping for the best. :p
Vulture posted:
Pariah posted:
Vulture posted:

Yeah, and nothing is as reliable as just randomly choosing any car that just happens to be new and hoping for the best. :p

Do your research. Check professional reviews and owner reviews. Pay close attention, as they may point to certain components that may be optional, like an automatic transmission. And try to avoid the first year or two after a major redesign.
Vulture 420
Betonhaus posted:
Vulture posted:
Pariah posted:
Vulture posted:

Do your research. Check professional reviews and owner reviews. Pay close attention, as they may point to certain components that may be optional, like an automatic transmission. And try to avoid the first year or two after a major redesign.

Precisely. And when people expressly seek out 20+ year old cars, they have done research above and beyond the average buyer because they know what they are looking for that simply doesn't exist in newer cars.
Vulture posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Vulture posted:
Pariah posted:
Vulture posted:

Precisely. And when people expressly seek out 20+ year old cars, they have done research above and beyond the average buyer because they know what they are looking for that simply doesn't exist in newer cars.

They also have to account for the history of the car, if it was properly and honestly maintained, and how it was treated.

And how much longer is a 20 year old car expected to last? At that point everything is likely due for replacement, even things that don't have easy to find replacements.
Vulture 420
Yes, I know, my car is an anomaly as it is 40 years old and I have not had to replace any structural items or anything like the rear main seal and similar items that are expected to have eroded. A good specimen 20 year old car can be expected to last another 10 years with proper care and maintenance, less if it's a daily driver, and even less if it's not known for being a well designed vehicle.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

fiat 500, rip

Page: 1, 2