Photo Hosting

Online now: juice, Majestic-12 [Bot]
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Although I never had a problem with them, I had to drop Photobucket because they wanted my money. I tried posting using my Google account, but that didn't work for some reason. Imgur works, but I can't figure out how to limit the audience for the photos I want to post here. I even tried hosting my own photos on my web site, but was met with frustration.

I want to post pictures of my cat, dammit!!

What's a good free photo site for this forum?
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Imgur is what I use now, seems to be the current "most popular" these days

https://imgur.com/

had photobucket before and imageshack before (still do, I just don't use them)

I think the problem with posting from google is that they turn your images to webp because fiddlesticks you we want to push our format.

Please nobody explain why webp is better, jpg is the standard that works everywhere.

png is an option that does work everywhere
juice Inadvertently correct
And I want to see pictures of pith's cat!
Yori Program
I usually use ImgBB these days.
Old Yoda agitator
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I do not upload to an album, I just upload to my own images page, and then link to individual images from there.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:
Imgur is what I use now, seems to be the current "most popular" these days

https://imgur.com/

had photobucket before and imageshack before (still do, I just don't use them)

I think the problem with posting from google is that they turn your images to webp because fiddlesticks you we want to push our format.

Please nobody explain why webp is better, jpg is the standard that works everywhere.

png is an option that does work everywhere

Given the amount of bandwidth Google's advertising network consumes and forces other people to consume, Google's development of a slightly more efficient image format is high irony.
TOS
i use google photos, works great

i also paid for the storage upgrade, it isn't much
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
arkayn posted:
I do not upload to an album, I just upload to my own images page, and then link to individual images from there.

that's imgur, right?

I never cared, but I believe your images remain private unless you post them to an "album".
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
ukimalefu posted:
arkayn posted:

that's imgur, right?

I never cared, but I believe your images remain private unless you post them to an "album".

Or link to them individually.
TOS
i wouldn't trust imgur to store my photos
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
TOS posted:

Most of my photos are stored on my hard drive and on the phone, I think Google has a copy of some of them as well.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:

I have my photo archive on 3 different hard drives locally and then backed up to Google Photos just in case using their free unlimited but reduced resolution deal.
One of my backup drives is an external that is can grab as I go if the house catches fire.
I don't have a photo archive as such but I use Imgur to host the pictures I post in this forum.
How about Shutterfly? They promise to never delete your pics.
https://www.shutterfly.com/
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Old Yoda posted:

Testing....

Well, that seems to work out just fine. Thank you!
juice Inadvertently correct
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Photo Hosting