Wireless charging mouse+matt

Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
The design of these may be gaming oriented, but it's genius

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Dark-Cor ... NXKAK&th=1

I didn't know that was a thing. All wireless mice should be like that now.

And yes, it'll charge your compatible phone too.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
3 ½ stars.

Great concept, apparently it needs some work.
C. Ives posted:
3 ½ stars.

Great concept, apparently it needs some work.

I just chose a random sample to post. Who knows why it got that rating. I'm only interested in the wireless charging part. If I was to get one, I'd first see if Logitech makes one.
Razer has made one for awhile. I believe it's a version of the wireless Razer mouse I picked up several months ago.

The reviews I've seen of it are mixed. Cool concept but, at least in Razer's case, they went with a really small capacitor. This shouldn't matter so much, as you rarely pick it up for long. However wireless charging coils are round, and mouse pads are rectangular. So when you move to the corners, you lose charge, and if you spend too long there the capacitor runs out.

Razer's is also super expensive.
macaddict4life posted:
Razer has made one for awhile. I believe it's a version of the wireless Razer mouse I picked up several months ago.

The reviews I've seen of it are mixed. Cool concept but, at least in Razer's case, they went with a really small capacitor. This shouldn't matter so much, as you rarely pick it up for long. However wireless charging coils are round, and mouse pads are rectangular. So when you move to the corners, you lose charge, and if you spend too long there the capacitor runs out.

Razer's is also super expensive.

No, wait, in the case of the image I posted, it's too small to clearly see, but the whole pad is not the charger, so the mouse isn't charging all the time. The charger is only in the top-right corner, so you park the mouse there when not using it. It's better than having to find and change batteries, when you're in the middle of a game... what? it can happen to anybody! It's also better than having to plug in the charging cable.

But what do I know, I never used wireless charging on anything. I could be wrong.
I mean, people love to whine about how you can't use the Apple mouse while it is plugged in, and this seems like the same downside? With my Razer I can plug it in and keep using it, though kind of what's the point?

But a wireless mouse battery lasts so long I find it impossible to get stressed over whether you can use it while charging.
macaddict4life posted:
I mean, people love to whine about how you can't use the Apple mouse while it is plugged in, and this seems like the same downside? With my Razer I can plug it in and keep using it, though kind of what's the point?

But a wireless mouse battery lasts so long I find it impossible to get stressed over whether you can use it while charging.

The mouse has a rechargeable battery, you will stop using it at some point, move it to the charger, so it's always charged. You do NOT wait for the battery to die before recharging.

The point? a little bit of extra convenience for lazy people? Not having to reach for the charging cable and plug it in?

The real disadvantage may be that it's probably more expensive and full charges take longer. But I just think it's a cool technology. :shrug:
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Wireless charging mouse+matt