Well that was a lie

Online now: No visible users
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
FFS - is anyone surprised? Apple has the exact same problem everyone else does in voice recognition - training. I would have been shocked if Apple weren't doing the same thing as everyone else.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Bad, but unless I'm not understanding correctly this is not the same thing Google has been doing where they are using the data for better marketing.

Quote:
Most likely, the audio recordings have been sent to Apple—in order to improve Siri—after an accidental activation of Siri, either though the Cupertino company’s smartwatch, the HomePod wireless speaker or one of the other Apple mobile devices including the iPhone, the iPad, or the iPod touch.

It sounds more like they're going, "Why can't Siri understand that? Someone transcribe it," which they kind of need to do to train Siri to comprehend language better. But . . .

Quote:

Despite being mistakenly sent to Apple, the big issue is that these voice snippets end up being accessed by humans—contractors working for the company around the world—that should not have been authorized in the first place and could provide enough details to identify a user—in clear contradiction with Cook’s comments just last month.

Yeah, this.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I am sure that giving access to customers recording to a throng of $8.00 contractors in Bangalore couldn't hurt anything, right?
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
*sorry, I didn't mean to, I promise I won't do it again*

Quote:
Apple has said that it will temporarily suspend its practice of using human contractors to grade snippets of Siri voice recordings for accuracy.

Quote:
“We are committed to delivering a great Siri experience while protecting user privacy,” an Apple spokesperson says in a statement to The Verge. “While we conduct a thorough review, we are suspending Siri grading globally. Additionally, as part of a future software update, users will have the ability to choose to participate in grading.”

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/2/20751 ... cy-opt-out
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Well that was a lie