The power of Bluetooth

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I was on the phone with my dad last night when the audio cut out. I was a bit confused, as the phone didn't show that the call had dropped, until I saw the Bluetooth symbol was lit up. This was odd, because my car doesn't have a handsfree device in it. I transferred it back to speaker and continued the conversation, though this happened a couple of times after. I didn't really get what had happened until I met my wife at a restaurant on the way home, and she said that something really weird had happened. She had heard voices coming over the radio unexpectedly, scaring the tar out of her.

As it happens, she had been following me home from looking at a house in her car, and was probably about 100 yard behind me. Nonetheless, it seems my phone successfully paired with it and transferred the conversation.

I didn't even know that was possible.
dv
Oh yeah. My housemate's phone auto-pairs with her car whenever the car turns on, as long as it's within about 50 feet of the house. Drives me crazy when I get in it and start hearing whatever facebook video she's watching on the couch. Then I get yelled at for her phone acting weird.

What I hate is how when I get into my car, my phone pairs with the handsfree automatically and interrupts the audio for whatever call I'm on. I can hear them over the car speakers, but they can't hear me.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
If I take my phone more than five feet from my vehicle I lose the connection. Which version of BT are your phones using?

Mine is only BT 4.2.
I have a Galaxy S7 edge, which also has BT 4.2. The car is a 2011 Buick Enclave without the nav system, and I have no idea what BT version it supports.
I disabled media streaming over Bluetooth to my car as it was too much of a hassle. But sometimes calls try to come through my watch with is a pita but that's rare.
obvs precoupado
My phone is set to auto-connect to my car's audio, and it's set to start playing music whenever it connects to a bluetooth device or headphones.

That way, I get in my car, and it immediately starts playing my music library.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
obvs posted:
My phone is set to auto-connect to my car's audio, and it's set to start playing music whenever it connects to a bluetooth device or headphones.

Mine is set up the same way.
obvs precoupado
It's a lot easier that way. I never have to listen to the radio. I do switch over to Spotify a lot, still playing from my phone through bluetooth.

I have a Satechi radio button(which also uses bluetooth) on my dashboard, so I can control the phone using that(play, pause, up, down, rewind, fast forward) instead of touching my phone.
Dan Airman Dan
obvs posted:

Mine does this, and I really wish it wouldn’t. It totally messes up my Echo Auto and it always starts the library from the very first song which is super irritating. There doesn’t appear to be a way to turn this off on iOS or Chevrolet MyLink.
Dan posted:
obvs posted:

Mine does this, and I really wish it wouldn’t. It totally messes up my Echo Auto and it always starts the library from the very first song which is super irritating. There doesn’t appear to be a way to turn this off on iOS or Chevrolet MyLink.

Have you considered making the first song not suck? :lol:
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Dan posted:
obvs posted:

As my phone is an android Moto G6, I use an app called Neutron to play my music files and it remembers where the song left off and continues playing.
obvs precoupado
Dan posted:
obvs posted:

Mine is set to play one particular playlist(called "Last Month").
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The power of Bluetooth