Be careful what you say around Alexa

Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], maurvir, mmaverick
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... y-forever/

Quote:
If you (like so many of us) hate listening to recordings of your own voice, you may be in for an unpleasant future, as Amazon has confirmed it hangs on to every conversation you've ever had with an Alexa-enabled device until or unless you specifically delete them.

That confirmation comes as a response to a list of questions Sen. Chris Coons (D-Delaware) sent to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos in May expressing "concerns" seeking about how Amazon uses and retains customers' Alexa voice assistant data.

Amazon's response to Coons, as first reported by CNET, confirms that the company keeps your data as long as it wants unless you deliberately specify otherwise.

"We retain customers' voice recordings and transcripts until the customer chooses to delete them," Amazon said—but even then there are exceptions.

Donkey Butter jerk face
those last 3 quoted words are very telling.
I don't have one for this reason.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I love the sound of my own voice.
Lombo Opiofiend
This is unsurprising coming from the market leader in questionable behavior all geared toward maximizing profits. They should do like apple and anonymize the data collected once the immediate value for Amazon is passed.

Apple anonymize Siri results as soon as they are served. What good does Amazon get one year later when I ask Alexa tao show me the web page of the Umidigi S3 pro that I asked her to show me. BTW it is an awesome phone.

By anonymizing old request they could still gain access to vast data for ML and so on.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Be careful what you say around Alexa