Firefox for Android may suck less soon

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/06/2 ... blic-beta/

Quote:
The current Firefox for Android browser is feature-packed, with tons of security features and support for extensions, but it has never quite matched the performance that Chrome offers. Mozilla has spent the past few months working on a brand new browser for mobile, nicknamed 'Fenix,' and now it has entered public beta.

The new Firefox for Android has already been publicly available for a few months, under the name 'Firefox Preview.' Mozilla says the browser is up to twice as fast as the current Firefox for Android, and it offers protection against tracking scripts by default. The interface has been completely revamped, with a bottom address bar and a 'Collections' feature for organizing sites. And yes, it has a dark mode.

By "never quite matched the performance of", they mean "gets beaten like a red-headed stepchild by"
macnuke Afar
yes but google has a ton of money to work on their browser.....

the faster it is the more data it farms from everyone and the more money they make.

see? trickle up really works. :up:
Pariah Know Your Enemy
macnuke posted:
yes but google has a ton of money to work on their browser.....

the faster it is the more data it farms from everyone and the more money they make.

see? trickle up really works. :up:

I wouldn't put it past Google to engineer Android so Firefox runs slower. They engineer their captcha to be slower on FF so why not gimp FF in the OS.
macnuke Afar
which is why for all it's suckage that people complain about...... I use Safari for my primary browser.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Firefox for Android may suck less soon