iPhone 5c Troubles

Online now: Betonhaus, Google [Bot], juice
Pariah Know Your Enemy
This morning all of a sudden my iPhone won't recognize it when I plug it in to charge, I tried 2 different cords with two different wall worts and my PC's USB ports. I also scrubbed out the port with a plastic probe to be sure there was no pocket lint mucking things up.
In addition the Home/Power button force reboot combo will not work.
Any ideas?
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Seems like you tried everything I'd know to suggest...

Good luck.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:
Seems like you tried everything I'd know to suggest...

Good luck.

I have a Galaxy s7 waiting in reserve but I'd rather keep my iPhone.
Maybe removing the sim card will help a hard restart work.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Ribtor posted:
Maybe removing the sim card will help a hard restart work.

Good idea but it didn't work.

And may I take this moment to give a hearty fiddlesticks You to Samsung for making the hole to release the sim so small a small paper clip is too big for the hole.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
crazy idea, I do not know if this will work or even if it should be done, try at your own risk

can you try the reset while the phone is plugged in?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:
crazy idea, I do not know if this will work or even if it should be done, try at your own risk

can you try the reset while the phone is plugged in?

Ya, that did nothing but sitting with no sim in seemed to fix it somehow. It is now charging and I can see my iPhone mounted on my desktop.
So, Thanks ribtor, pulling the sim seemed to be the fix.
At first yanking the sim seemed to have no effect but after a few minutes sitting with no sim I heard the sound of my phone being plugged in, it was already, and now it is charging and appears to be back in working order.
jkahless Custom Title
I find sometimes a thin film of corrosion forms on my iPhone or lightening cable’s contacts that needs to be cleaned off. Sometimes I can actually see it on the cable.
isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip for that
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

iPhone 5c Troubles