WWDC 2019

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
Online now: Warin
Anything you're interested in? It'd be nice if Apple released a new Mac Pro that wasn't too out there. iTunes is supposed to be killed off but not sure if they moved all of the iOS management functions to a new app.
macnuke Afar
that's gunna be a big one. did they finally decide they outsmarted themselves and are going to give us something similar to the cheesegrater and allow for upgrades in the box.

also... keep the iOS human waste off my desktop.
Donkey Butter jerk face
iTunes has been horrible for years, so I guess if they aren’t going to fix it they may as well kill it.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
A better Apple TV experience.

The navigation is all over the board. ATV OS needs a stronger unified UX. Some apps (Netflix) are getting too deep and it's a pita to get back to the main screen.

I want Apple to lean harder on the networks to deliver true ability to cut the cord. It's not really "cutting the cord" when the user has to sign into the channel's website to authenticate their cable subscription to activate the app. I want to be able to subscribe directly to the channel. If I had cable TV I wouldn't need to use those apps, and vice versa.

My third complaint is about blackout programming. I don't live an MLS city, but I still want to watch MLS and not have games blacked out. Why is this even happening? I suppose I could workaround it with a VPN, but I should be able to just a fuckin game.
jkahless Custom Title
Robert B. posted:
I want Apple to lean harder on the networks to deliver true ability to cut the cord. It's not really "cutting the cord" when the user has to sign into the channel's website to authenticate their cable subscription to activate the app. I want to be able to subscribe directly to the channel. If I had cable TV I wouldn't need to use those apps, and vice versa.

My third complaint is about blackout programming. I don't live an MLS city, but I still want to watch MLS and not have games blacked out. Why is this even happening? I suppose I could workaround it with a VPN, but I should be able to just a fuckin game.

That’s Apple’s fault, companies can do that, but apple requires a 30% cut of their subscription revenue if you sign up through the app.

That ones sportsball’s fault. Just extracting moar money.
macnuke posted:
that's gunna be a big one. did they finally decide they outsmarted themselves and are going to give us something similar to the cheesegrater and allow for upgrades in the box.

also... keep the iOS human waste off my desktop.

It won't be a cheesegrator methinks, as otherwise they wouldn't have taken so long to actually reveal it after aying they were working on a new Mac Pro. I believe it's going to be something different, rumor mill hints at something like a bunch of stackable Mac Mini-like modules. No idea if it will be a success or not.
macnuke Afar
mini types won't hold a full size high end vid card.
and if it won't, I see the real pro user crowd on mac pros getting smaller.
and more migrating away from the platform as they can.
I just wouldn't put it past them to engineer themselves into a corner again. When it comes to hardware lately Apple seems to run like an artistic architecture firm.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
I bet they won't kill iTunes. Just split it. There will be an app for managing iOS devices, and an app for playing music on the mac. They make take away the ability to burn CDs. I haven't made CDs in a while, but I'd hate that.

Don't care much about a Mac Pro, but I'd take a headless iMac Pro with user upgradeable parts.

It's not gonna happen, but I think a convertible laptop is a good idea. Maybe with some weird MacOS/iOS hybrid operating system. More like Mac oS in laptop mode, more like iOS in tablet mode.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I stopped expecting Apple to make a computer I would be interested in 8 years ago. I see no reason to expect that to change.
On the desktop Apple basically ran out of ideas when they designed the g5 iMac and Mini and it has just been iterations on the same theme ever since.
Boring mediocrity.
They should make a fully featured phone that does/has everything the latest iphones do, but with a 5" screen. Only difference would be size, so 3 size options (with 3 storage capacity options each) for top of the line iPhones.

Then one 5" phone with 3 years old tech, that would still be a great phone, as the cheap option.

But what do I know? I don't run Apple.

But I'm great at fishful thinking. :D
obvs precoupado
juice Inadvertently correct
Mac Pro, please
macnuke Afar
juice posted:
owner upgradable Mac Pro, please

FTFY
macnuke posted:
juice posted:

FTFY

A Mac Pro that isn’t owner upgradable is not a Mac Pro.

If they eff this one up, I’m done with the Mac OS.
macnuke Afar
that tube was owner upgradable? swapping video cards was easy yes?

I'm talking RAM, Drives, Video card(s) and CPU
TOS
juice posted:
macnuke posted:
juice posted:

FTFY

A Mac Pro that isn’t owner upgradable is not a Mac Pro.

If they eff this one up, I’m done with the Mac OS.

i can't picture myself going back to mac os after all these years

the way they screwed up final cut pro took away the biggest motivation
Donkey Butter jerk face
Apple would have to really mess up the MacOS for me to ever think of switching to windows. It ain't perfect, but it's more perfect for me than the alternative.
I get enough windows at work. I would switch to Linux at home.
:shrug:

I really don't give a human waste. I'd be hard pressed to think of something about my system that actively annoys me and the few things that did I've figured out and dealt with long ago. My boyfriend is trying to convince me to switch to Kubuntu, but I really don't see the point. I have no emotional attachment to the software I use but I keep myself informed enough to know how to actually use it. There's nothing special or unique about my setup, so i don't encounter weird edge-case bugs. I'm reasonably sure I've spent far less time on fixing and maintaining my system then anyone with a hackintosh or a Linux system.
That being said, I'm not sure now if there will be a Mac Pro announced. It's the day before and there's no leaks or rumours more concrete then this one from way back. If Apple was releasing new hardware that people actually cared about I'd expect to see more that this.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Betonhaus posted:

I really don't give a human waste. I'd be hard pressed to think of something about my system that actively annoys me and the few things that did I've figured out and dealt with long ago. My boyfriend is trying to convince me to switch to Kubuntu, but I really don't see the point. I have no emotional attachment to the software I use but I keep myself informed enough to know how to actually use it. There's nothing special or unique about my setup, so i don't encounter weird edge-case bugs. I'm reasonably sure I've spent far less time on fixing and maintaining my system then anyone with a hackintosh or a Linux system.

If you have a typical desktop computer that you use for typical desktop stuff you won't spend any time fixing or maintaining a Linux system if you use a good mainstream distro like Mint or Ubuntu.
I have been using Mint for over 7 years now and it is as reliable as a woodburning stove. I have had to do basically zero maintenance. No defraging, no file system repairing, no repairing permissions. Linux needs none of that.
The only "maintenance" I do is run my update manager once in awhile. That's it. With Mint I have never, ever had an update cause trouble.
It just works.
If Linux was not solid, reliable and easy I would not be using it. I am far too lazy to put up with a wonky system.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
A shame it has nvidia graphics, so no Mojave on that machine.
Pariah posted:
Betonhaus posted:

If you have a typical desktop computer that you use for typical desktop stuff you won't spend any time fixing or maintaining a Linux system if you use a good mainstream distro like Mint or Ubuntu.
I have been using Mint for over 7 years now and it is as reliable as a woodburning stove. I have had to do basically zero maintenance. No defraging, no file system repairing, no repairing permissions. Linux needs none of that.
The only "maintenance" I do is run my update manager once in awhile. That's it. With Mint I have never, ever had an update cause trouble.
It just works.
If Linux was not solid, reliable and easy I would not be using it. I am far too lazy to put up with a wonky system.

And I haven't ever had to do any of that stuff either. I don't even have to deal with updates, as the system handles it when I'm away.
how to watch the keynote live

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18645 ... tch-how-to

If you'd rather wait, Apple always posts the whole thing on youtube a few days later
ukimalefu posted:
how to watch the keynote live

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18645 ... tch-how-to

If you'd rather wait, Apple always posts the whole thing on youtube a few days later

I look forward to the live updates provided by uki

see any hints in there? an unicorn? what could it be!?

Actually, that's from The Verge.

This is the graphic on Apple's events site:

dub dub?

*insert an image of a pickle with Tim Cook's face here*
Confirmed on Apple’s website, iOS for iPad becomes iPadOS. About time.

https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/sta ... vox%3F1000

get ready for FRAGMENTATION
dv
ukimalefu posted:
Confirmed on Apple’s website, iOS for iPad becomes iPadOS. About time.

https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/sta ... vox%3F1000

get ready for FRAGMENTATION

Steve would not approve.
new scifi show by ron moore about an alternate reality space race
multiuser support for tv os
karaoke

or, music on tv os shows lyrics in sync
apple tv support for xbox and playstation controllers
I understand the dualshock as it's Bluetooth and works with almost everything, but I'm surprised about the Xbox controller as I thought it used something almost like WiFi? Or was that just the 360's controller?
Betonhaus posted:
I understand the dualshock as it's Bluetooth and works with almost everything, but I'm surprised about the Xbox controller as I thought it used something almost like WiFi? Or was that just the 360's controller?

not sure, but I think it needs the latest apple tv (4k) and the latest xbox s controller
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

WWDC 2019

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8