Apple Migration Assistant: backward? (Mojave to High Sierra)

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Despite not wanting to do things this way, I need to downgrade a system from Mojave to High Sierra. Ideally, if I could take all of the apps and everything, that would be awesome, so I don't have to manually reinstall them.

I have access to another Mac, also running High Sierra, and which can't be upgraded to Mojave, either.

Ideally, I would love to use Migration Assistant to copy the apps, user documents and settings from Mojave to High Sierra, but knowing Apple, I wouldn't expect this to be possible.

But is it? Do you know?
Couldn't you just copy the applications folder and relevant library folders over? There's only like 5 folders in the OS that you need to preserve last I checked.
The Applications folder contains apps from the current version of the OS.

Copying the Applications folder would replace the High Sierra apps with their Mojave versions.
So you'd have to delete about a dozen apps first. Depending on how much trouble you go through trying to get migration assistant working it may still be worth it at the end.
I can't leave a volume with Mojave's formatting in place and have High Sierra's stuff on it.

The system needs to exist as if never touched by Mojave.
Copy the App folder, the System and user library and preferences folders to a secondary drive or partition. reformat computer and install your OS of choice. Check each corresponding folder and delete anything that has a corresponding file or folder in the new install, then cross your fingers and merge.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Apple Migration Assistant: backward? (Mojave to High Sierra)