Bendgate 2.0

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

So, will Samsung double down, or will they fold. ;)

One of the comments had this beauty: Apparently owners are folding it wrong.
Aww. Well I want to see how the Huawei does. I think the hinge mechanism is better sealed and the screen would be intended to handle rough and tumble conditions.
macnuke Afar
I'll just leave the bending in half to others.
user Stupid cockwomble
See! They forgot to put the words "Don't Panic" on it.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
”Beyond Bendgate”
kamizuno Lasercat targeting.....
the problem i have with the claim that the fold has been tested 200,000 times is that the robots folder hands that fold the phone are for all practical purposes sterile, no lint, dust, dirt or sand to sneak into the hinge, so I think these phones might still have durability issues :shrug:
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Classic first gen issues...
Like they say, never buy V1.0.
user Stupid cockwomble
robot hands? heh
sean Royal Wombat
I hate to say it, but... did anyone not see this coming? 1st gen product... New "Bendable" LCD technology... What could go wrong!?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Not really a surprise, and not something I expect the Huawei to suffer from - the benefits of an outward folding screen is that the hinge can be made to compress and be sealed against the screen, and a tougher screen is required from the get go. It's problably going to make different mistakes or the protection won't be enough though.
Donkey Butter jerk face
ukimalefu posted:

when I first saw and heard about these foldable phones I thought it was a stupid idea, and you'd think watching this video would further turn me off the idea of foldable phones, but seeing it in action, I maybe might kinda want one. (once they sort out the design flaws that is)
juice Inadvertently correct
Donkey Butter posted:
ukimalefu posted:

when I first saw and heard about these foldable phones I thought it was a stupid idea, and you'd think watching this video would further turn me off the idea of foldable phones, but seeing it in action, I maybe might kinda want one. (once they sort out the design flaws that is)

I was embarrassed to think the same thing.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
Yeah. I’d be interested in one that really works.

But then, I’d be a test subject for a direct cortical chip implant. From a ‘reliable’ source, of course.

I’m for innovation.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Bendgate 2.0