Just installed Win8, no WiFi connection

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
I gave my mom's caregiver her new laptop yesterday, and she loves it! Thank you again for all your help!

I'm thinking about getting her a beginner's guide to Windows, but which one should I buy? If I get her something like "Windows 8.1 for Dummies," it's going to be talking about all kinds of interface things that will look different to her, due to Classic Shell.
dv
Bren posted:
I gave my mom's caregiver her new laptop yesterday, and she loves it! Thank you again for all your help!

I'm thinking about getting her a beginner's guide to Windows, but which one should I buy? If I get her something like "Windows 8.1 for Dummies," it's going to be talking about all kinds of interface things that will look different to her, due to Classic Shell.

Another reason not to install aftermarket modifications on a system you're not using yourself.

A Windows 7 how-to book would be closer, probably.
I figured I'd mention that Windows 8 mainstream support has ended, meaning you'll probably get security patches but if something breaks it's likely not going to get fixed.

Also is this Windows 8 or 8.1? it's not a compulsory upgrade and the original 8 has NO support.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkell ... 4d21522b64
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
This is 8.1.

And DAMN, they sure canceled support quick on that thing.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Bren posted:
This is 8.1.

And DAMN, they sure canceled support quick on that thing.

Win8 was just a placeholder and last gasp effort by MS to gain some relevancy in the mobile market, that has an installed base about the same as desktop Linux.
Win8 is as dead as Ubuntuphone.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Just installed Win8, no WiFi connection

Page: 1, 2