What about this?

Online now: DEyncourt, Google [Bot]
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Arcadia Power Gives You Access To Clean Energy On The Cheap
http://digg.com/2018/arcadia-power-clea ... can-afford

I don't see how this could work. Thoughts?
dv
The grid contains energy from all sorts of sources. It's fungible. Electricity is bought and sold as a commodity, just like soybeans (commodities market) or the promise of future soybeans (futures market.)

As such, your house is still physically running off of mostly locally generated coal or natural gas. You pay Arcadia for their "green" energy, which somebody else is probably using anyway, and they work the bookkeeping out on the back end with your utility. However they go about making a profit, they can invest that into building more renewable energy resources - this has the effect of creating more demand for clean energy, filling that demand with dirty energy in the short term, and tilting the cost/benefit math for the utilities in favor of deploying more clean energy.

Think of it like buying a carbon offset.
obvs precoupado
I've been with Arcadia for a long time(about a year and a half).
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Looks interesting but my electricity already comes from nice, clean, natural nukes.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, how does this lower my bill?
The meter is going to measure the KW going through it without knowledge of whether those KWs came from a solar farm or a coal fired plant, and the power co is going to charge me the same price for the power that comes through the meter, regardless of it's source.
Or, is this just some kind of "feel good" nonsense; "Oh, I feel good because all my electricity comes from renewable sources. I know that because I've got this cool app on my phone!" ?
dv
DukeofNuke posted:
So, how does this lower my bill?
The meter is going to measure the KW going through it without knowledge of whether those KWs came from a solar farm or a coal fired plant, and the power co is going to charge me the same price for the power that comes through the meter, regardless of it's source.
Or, is this just some kind of "feel good" nonsense; "Oh, I feel good because all my electricity comes from renewable sources. I know that because I've got this cool app on my phone!" ?

https://www.thewaystowealth.com/reviews ... er-review/

Read through to the "Can Arcadia Power save you money?" section. As usual, you have to spend money to make money, so to speak.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Thanks. That answered enough of my questions.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
In simple terms this is voting for the kind of power generation you support.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What about this?