All hail the new media god AT&T Time Warner

Online now: Google [Bot]
maurvir Meat popsicle
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-time ... SKCN1QF1XB

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court approved wireless carrier AT&T Inc’s deal to buy media company Time Warner on Tuesday, a defeat for the Trump administration which had argued the $85.4 billion merger would mean higher prices for consumers.

AT&T’s second major court victory against the Justice Department sets the stage for the No. 2 wireless carrier to integrate its WarnerMedia business as well as its new Xandr advertising unit.

The deal had been a target of criticism from U.S. President Donald Trump, who opposed it because he saw it helping Time Warner’s CNN unit, which he has accused of broadcasting “fake news.”

The three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled unanimously in favor of the deal. The decision could end a 15-month effort by the Justice Department to block the deal.

juice Inadvertently correct
I was wondering why Trump cared until I read the second to last line.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
It really sucks the way they took HBO off of Dish, just to try to drive customers to Direct TV.
user Stupid cockwomble
OMG this is worse than AOL Time Warner!

::clutches pearls::
iDaemon infinitely loopy
“Time (Warner) marches on!” Now that’s progress!

user, could ya lend me some pearls to clutch, plz? Mine are reduced to dust after reading this.
user posted:
OMG this is worse than AOL Time Warner!

::clutches pearls::

AO what? :lol:
user Stupid cockwomble
Man, there was such a collective freak-out when that happened. Now I bet a lot of people don't even know about it.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
It does have the redeeming feature that it was absolutely ill-considered and the parties I’ll-matched so that it was an abject failure. As some had the prescience to say beforehand - while also noting the insane stupidity of the move.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

All hail the new media god AT&T Time Warner