Samsung Galaxy Fold

Online now: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], juice, maurvir, Yori
It does have a nice big screen, but is that worth the $2,000 USD?
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv
Betonhaus posted:

None of it's worth that much.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Not to me. I have always hated flip phones and (at the moment) don't see anything appealing about a larger, much more expensive, flip phone.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Donkey Butter posted:
Not to me. I have always hated flip phones and (at the moment) don't see anything appealing about a larger, much more expensive, flip phone.

I believe opening is optional, it still has a screen outside. You open it to watch videos or play games or read books. The outside screen should be enough for texts and calls.

I'd think it's an interesting concept, but right now, it's a gimmick. You'll end up with a phone twice as thick as most phones, because it's basically 2 phones joined by a big bendable screen, and it'll use a lot of battery power. Sure it has space for bigger batteries, but it won't be twice as much as other phones.

Phones are over. They're just adding more screens, more cameras. Nothing is new. We'll have to wait until augmented reality phones are implanted in your brain. You'll see a screen floating in front of you, if you want, as big as you want. And you'll double blink to take pics, and you won't need to say "hey siri" or "alexa", you'll just think about it. And yes, they'll track you. Oh, buy stock from a company that makes mirrors, it will be the only way for selfies. And maybe start a company... wait, I'm doing that, copyrighting and registering and trademarking "Faraday Hats", to protect privacy. I hope I can sell enough before they become illegal.

And one more thing, Apple's next phone will likely be boring, slightly improved specs, that's all.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Betonhaus posted:

It's worth as much as people are willing to pay for it.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
The phone market is certainly large enough to support niche devices like this.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
Betonhaus posted:

Not unless the words "Don't Panic" are printed on it somewhere.
TOS
hard to believe any phone is worth that much unless it's jewel-encrusted
TOS posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/18/1826 ... ung-google
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:

There have been super expensive androids available for many years. You never hear about them because they are only marketed to the 0.1%ers and come bundled with seriously expensive concierge apps and other high end services.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Samsung Galaxy Fold