thispersondoesnotexist.com

Online now: Google [Bot], iDaemon
obvs precoupado
https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Artificial-intelligence-generated graphics that look like photos of real people but aren't based on anyone real.

Creepy.
dv
The children look a little horrifying though.

Are these images rended live or pregenerated then randomly chosen from?
macnuke Afar
I want to see movement. especially the hair.
then we shall see how smart they are.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Advanced composite photo blends, not 3D renderings.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, are these like, composites of actual photographs; or created by the imagination of the AI? Like an artist drawing a face with out a model, or a sketch artist trying to build a face from the descriptions of an eye witness?
I came across one where one of the source pictures was a baby with a binky and it didn't know what to do about that and it was horrifying.
gd Ya boi, Guzma
Nearly every single one that has a smile showing teeth looks off. It's like the smile does not belong to the face.

Am I the only one that noticed this?

Here's an example, she has, for the most part, soft and feminine facial features that harshly clash with the bold, oversized, masculine teeth. There is a lack of symmetry in her lateral incisors where one is square and aligned with the centrals, and the other is sort of pentagonal in shape (not natural at all) and slightly tucked behind the central. Speaking of the central incisors one of them has a different hue and value than the other one. One the right side she seems to have a buccal corridor that makes her smile look full whereas on the left (hers) the buccal corridor gives off the appearance of missing space and lack of support for her cheeks.

Not to mention her lower teeth look upside down and very erratic
gd Ya boi, Guzma
Betonhaus posted:
Not to mention her lower teeth look upside down and very erratic

The fact that she's showing the mandibular teeth ages her. A sharp contrast with the rest of her appearance.
We can't just tell by the pixels anymore!
Also, some of the pics are clearly gender-bending.
gd Ya boi, Guzma
Metacell posted:
Also, some of the pics are clearly gender-bending.

Pretty sure it is because the "person" is gender-fluid.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
There is way, WAY too much unsharp mask on that young woman's upper teeth. Look at all that over sharp sizzle on the edges.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
It produced a woman whose face was cracked like porcelain -- I should've saved that picture. It was something out of a horror movie.

If there's a second person in the photo, those people are pretty scary, also.
Vulture 420
This reminds me of one of my favorite phone apps from a few years ago, iMated. I took lots of pictures of friends and family made hypothetical offspring photos from those. They were all very ugly, which was the best part.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
the follow up

http://www.whichfaceisreal.com/

Quote:
Earlier this month you may have seen a website named ThisPersonDoesNotExist.com doing the rounds, which uses AI to generate startlingly realistic fake faces. Well, here’s the sequel: WhichFaceIsReal.com, which lets you test your ability to distinguish AI-generated fakes from the genuine article. Just head to the site and click on who you think is the real person!

WhichFaceIsReal.com also has a higher purpose though. It was set up by two academics from the University of Washington, Jevin West and Carl Bergstrom, both of whom study how information spreads through society. They think the rise of AI-generated fakes could be trouble, undermining society’s trust in evidence, and want to educate the masses.

more info

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/3/18244 ... t-stylegan

I tried like 5 times and got them all right. The fakes are really good, but there are hints if you know what to look for, like... the pixels, and having seen a few photoshops in my time :D
I can always tell the fakes from the real by the Adam's apple.
user Stupid cockwomble
stem and leaves gives it away
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
I, too, noticed the teeth thing. But some of the pics are impressive. A few are in the uncanny valley, but not as many as I'd have suspected.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

thispersondoesnotexist.com