Google is killing the Chromecast Audio

Online now: Warin
maurvir Meat popsicle

Yeah, they were pretty niche, but they work really, really well. The DAC is actually solid, and it has optical out. You could also sync music between them, allowing for cheap whole-house audio. Unfortunately, it seems they were a bit too niche.

I'm getting at least one more before they sell out.
dv
Google gets bored and kills things. Don't buy their products.
Doesn't the Google Mini make it redundant? But yeah the Chromecast line was very bare bones.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Betonhaus posted:
Doesn't the Google Mini make it redundant? But yeah the Chromecast line was very bare bones.

Not really. The CC Audio was exceptionally small and you directly cast to it. I have one right now that streams from my Mac to a bookshelf system in the bedroom.

That may be what Google was thinking, but the mini is not the same product at all.
:shrug: I never had one. I switch phone OSs every few years so I avoid hardware that becomes useless if I switch phones.
maurvir Meat popsicle
You can cast to a ChromeCast device from almost any OS. I can send stuff from my wife's iPhone, my Android, the Mac, the Windows laptops, etc.

The ONLY downside is that they require an Internet connection. Even for local casts.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Google is killing the Chromecast Audio