iPhone won't connect to Wifi.

Online now: Google [Bot], juice
Pariah Know Your Enemy
A problem has popped up on my old iPhone. Suddenly it will not connect to my home wifi. The stored password won't work and nothing has changed in my setup. I checked and my desktop will connect to the wifi when I plug in a USB adapter.
So...what could be the issue? I have turned it off and on again.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
turned what off and on again?

these are just things to try:

-turn BOTH the phone and the router off and on again. Why? because voodoo.

-If you can somehow, delete the current wifi settings from the phone, turn it off and on again, make the phone connect to wifi again and re-enter password.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:
turned what off and on again?

these are just things to try:

-turn BOTH the phone and the router off and on again. Why? because voodoo.

-If you can somehow, delete the current wifi settings from the phone, turn it off and on again, make the phone connect to wifi again and re-enter password.

aww fiddlesticks, I rebooted the router and my phone connects now.
How weird my PC would connect before, voodoo indeed.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Wifi can be fickle. My daughter's laptop connected to her grandparents WiFi for 2 weeks, then one day decided to never connect again. Rebooting the router fixed it for a few hours, but then it dropped again. We still don't know which end was having the issue, though other devices seem to keep working.

Sometimes this stuff just seems to develop a case of bad mojo. :shrug:
Update the router's firmware.
dv
Wifi is not a reliable technology. Avoid using it if possible. (This does not apply to cell phones for hopefully obvious reasons.)
obvs Eating chickens is for the bourgeoisie
dv posted:
Wifi is not a reliable technology. Avoid using it if possible. (This does not apply to cell phones for hopefully obvious reasons.)
I'm imaging you walking around your home with a lightning-to-ethernet adapter and a really long cat-6 cable.
obvs posted:
dv posted:
I'm imaging you walking around your home with a lightning-to-ethernet adapter and a really long cat-6 cable.

according to the ePeen thread all he has is a server with a bunch of hard drives.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
dv posted:

All the fixed computers in my house are wired, just the phones use wifi.
dv
obvs posted:
dv posted:

With six inch fingernails and Kleenex boxes for shoes?
TOS
my iphone does not play nicely with my home network, frequently disconnecting for no reason (possibly a signal strength issue, although every other device works fine in the same spot)
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

iPhone won't connect to Wifi.