I'm about sick of Windows 10...

Page: 1, 2
Online now: No visible users
That works great when you can tell your developers "OK all of your old code is obsolete so now rewire your apps for our new os or else you're history". Sadly, that doesn't work so great when you have a dramatically larger developer network that is resistant to change and a massive library that you still need to support because it runs hospitals and nuclear stations.

Windows 10 is a work in progress, things are constantly changing. Like rebuilding a house brick by brick while the residents are still living in it. Sure, there may still be some old crud left but every biannual release replaces a part with something new. The font management tool literally was win 3.1 code and got replaced last year, for example.

And considering that Apple had to take a year off to focus on bug squashing, the "revolution instead of evolution" mentality does have some long term viability issues.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir posted:
Yeah, dumping the entirety of System 9 into a compatibility library and starting over from scratch (sort of) was a huge opportunity to flush the turds out of the OS.

They should have kept Navigation Services.
Don't care about code as long as it stays out of my way, doesn't spy on me, and I get my work done.

Anyway, here a picture of a naked CPU.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

I'm about sick of Windows 10...

Page: 1, 2