AAPL

Online now: Google [Bot]
...should we be concerned? What's with the great big dip? Let's discuss that.
macnuke Afar
yes because going from a trillion dollar company to a 3/4 trillion dollar company who's primary function is iPhones will impact everyone's life.

really? so the chinese lose some business.
apple shareholders lose some value.

now this impacts the lower and middle class of the world how?
user Stupid cockwomble
the big dip is in the WH
macnuke posted:
yes because going from a trillion dollar company to a 3/4 trillion dollar company who's primary function is iPhones will impact everyone's life.

really? so the chinese lose some business.
apple shareholders lose some value.

now this impacts the lower and middle class of the world how?

I'd like to argue, but your sentiment is "who cares about Apple" which isn't what I was going for but works for me.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
For all the scorn and disdain embodied in “Who cares about Apple” - this website is a 20-year-old artifact and testament.
iDaemon posted:
For all the scorn and disdain embodied in “Who cares about Apple” - this website is a 20-year-old artifact and testament.

This website is less than ten years old by a month. And inertia's a coldhearted uncouth individual.
Old Yoda agitator
Betonhaus posted:
iDaemon posted:

This website is less than ten years old by a month. And inertia's a coldhearted uncouth individual.

You are wrong Xplornet-breath!
see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24185&p=643395&hilit=anniversary%2C#p643395
iDaemon posted:

This website is less than eleven years old by a month. And inertia's a coldhearted uncouth individual.
macnuke Afar
Betonhaus posted:
iDaemon posted:

This website is less than eleven years old by a month. And inertia's a coldhearted uncouth individual.

highway to hell
obvs precoupado
Betonhaus posted:
iDaemon posted:

This community has existed since February 1999. It didn't always exist at this site.
My goodness, I've been in forum-touch with some of you for almost 20 years...
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I really don't think that a 1.5% dip in AAPLs price is of any importance.
Oh hey it's just about to breach $150
kamizuno Lasercat targeting.....
I hold apple shares and Ive lived with the theory that AAPL is going bankrupt any day now :shrug:
I dunno, it felt like there has been shenanigans for some time. Like after the iPhone X came out just before the quarterly report there was some panic because suppliers were making cuts, but when the quarterly report came out all the attention was on the stock buyback or dividends or whatever and nobody paid attention to the sales numbers. It seems like Apple has been for some time been using tactics to distract the stock market from bad news, and now that they admit they won't report numbers just as suppliers made massive cuts the stock marker can see nothing but bad news.

I'm just waiting for it to go to $115, or half of it's top price.
It closed at $150.73, but it did momentarily get below $150.

This is eerily like watching BlackBerry's stock drop. Next earnings report will cause another big jump or drop depending on the news I'm guessing.

It's kinda funny, as I've been waiting for this moment for years out of spite and I don't really care but I'm still enjoying it.

I can't see them pivoting to services though. BlackBerry did it because they had a reputation for security and built a decent MDM and the Bb suite for Android, but all of Apple's services are either dependent on iDevices or are clones of Netflix or Spotify.
TOS
screw the stock market
TOS posted:
screw the stock market

Hmm. I could never really wrap my head around the concept as an asset.

Let's say Joe bought an orange for $10 (it's organic). To him, it's with $10. If Amy now buys an orange it will also be $10, and Joe's will still be $10.

But that's not the case. Since Joe bought an orange for $10, Amy now has to pay $15 for an orange. Now since Amy bought the orange, Joe can now sell his orange for $15 but Amy's orange is now only worth $10.

Tbh the whole dealio seems kinda scammy. And with it literally generating new branches of math and human waste to predict and such I feel like the whole thing is irreversibly scammy.
obvs precoupado
The idea behind the stock market is that you give money to fund a business in order to enable that business to do more business, and because you have done so they give you a part of that business' future earnings.
dv
obvs posted:
The idea behind the stock market is that you give money to fund a business in order to enable that business to do more business, and because you have done so they give you a part of that business' future earnings.

Also, the realized value (share price) of a given chunk of the business' future earnings is dependent on earnings projections.

That's where the gambling comes in.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
AAPL is at $148 and some change.

John Gruber at Daring Fireball has a wayback to June 2002 and the last Apple earnings warning. A Steve Jobs piece. A thing of beauty really and only 9 months after the iPod intro.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

AAPL