As usual, don't be the first to upgrade to iOS 10...

Online now: ukimalefu
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
http://thenextweb.com/apple/2016/09/13/ ... es-phones/

Quote:
After releasing iOS 10 earlier today, some users are reporting ‘bricked’ devices after attempting to update to the new operating system. Most of the issues seem to come from over-the-air (OTA) updates, meaning a device that attempts to download and install the update without plugging it in — something Apple used to require.

The issues seem fairly widespread. The OTA update begins and leaves users staring at a ‘Connect to iTunes’ screen that forces a complete firmware re-install. If you forego the wiping and re-installation of iOS from your iPhone or iPad, you’re left with a bricked and completely useless device.

It goes without saying, don't be the first on your block to download an OS update - regardless of platform. This is why.
chikie The same deviled egg
Supposedly they've fixed it. I backed up my phone before upgrading. Everything is fine for me.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I upgraded just fine. I am a muthafuckin' pro.
kamizuno Lasercat targeting.....
3 iPads and one iPhone , no problems :)
Conner Of Gallifrey
Also had no problem; updated right as people were reporting issues since I have no fear.
The current download (that was posted yesterday) is version 10.0.1 which apparently fixed those early bricking problems.
Orion Mad Cow
It updated on my iPhone 6s Plus last night and I have the "No Service" problem again. It seems to show up every time it does any system update but clears up after a few hours it seems. Today it showed service a few times but then goes back to "No Service" again after a few minutes. Been doing it after every system upgrade and sometimes randomly here and there.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Do you have T-Mobile? Looks like they did a botched carrier update.
Orion Mad Cow
Cellcom, actually. Turns out after stopping at the store and asking about the phone, and having them tell me to wipe and reset my phone and spending a few hours dealing with that last night, the phone is perfectly fine, it's a bad SIM chip. I swapped the chips in mine and my girlfriends phone and the problem switched phones with the cards. So now i have to go in again at lunch and get a new SIM. My phone has sporadically had service but usually for only a few seconds at a time.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

As usual, don't be the first to upgrade to iOS 10...