I want my iPhone NOW so I'm suing

Online now: ukimalefu
chikie The same deviled egg
No, seriously

Quote:
Boston law firm Block & Leviton today announced it has filed a class action lawsuit against Apple on behalf of iPhone Upgrade customers who are dissatisfied with how Apple handled iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus pre-orders last Friday.

When customers who participate in the iPhone Upgrade Program went to pre-order an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, they were forced to reserve a device from a local Apple retail store rather than being able to make a traditional online purchase. Many retail stores did not have sufficient stock to meet demand, leaving some customers unable to select the model, color, or storage capacity they desired.

maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
Well, it's not totally unreasonable if you read what they are suing over. Not Earth-shattering either, but it is something Apple could have prevented fairly easily. Allowing participants to pre-order a specific device isn't that hard, and is the sort of thing they should have expected.

Apple should settle by allowing those in the program to retain their earlier eligibility and maybe offer a rebate of some kind.
chikie The same deviled egg
The price of iPhone upgrade is the phone + applecare / 24 mo. I see it as an installment plan that has the bonus of letting you switch phones before the payment period is up.

But that may just be my perception.
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
chikie posted:
The price of iPhone upgrade is the phone + applecare / 24 mo. I see it as an installment plan that has the bonus of letting you switch phones before the payment period is up.

But that may just be my perception.

Nope, that's pretty much it. It's essentially a zero-percent loan for up to $1k, and if you actually hold out for the whole 24 months, is a pretty good deal for those who can't plop down the cash in one sitting.

However, if you use it as Apple intended, it's more of a really expensive rental, since you don't get to keep the device if you trade early. Which is to say the people in this lawsuit are clearly not worried about losing money hand over fist.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

I want my iPhone NOW so I'm suing