Wireless routing question

Online now: Google [Bot]
Okay, I've got an Airport Express, and I really like it. I've got it hooked up to my stereo, which is groovy, and my printer, which is very groovy. I love that.

What I'd love is to throw a hard drive into the mix. That is to say, have a hard drive hooked into the router so I can access files wirelessly. All while keeping the audio/printing aspects of the Express, which I totally dig.

But the best I can tell, Apple doesn't offer anything that combines all these functions.

So what should I do? Get an AirPort Extreme, and run it in addition to the Express? Or go with a third-party solution?

adviceplzthx
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
you could do a usb port at the express and then run an external usb hd off of that, supposedly the update will fix the problem with networked hds, i would wait until that before trying this out though
Yeah, you shouldn't have to wait long from the rumors.
For the moment, though, the Express can't run a hard drive.
Conner Of Gallifrey
The extreme can run a printer, if that at all helps.
plus the new extreme has a tb hd in it.

i haven't really played with an express so I am unsure of what they are capable of. I would think that it should recognize an external hd when jooked up to it, but I am not sure
Unfortunately the Extreme doesn't have an audio out port like the Express does.
you could always put them at both ends of your house, and have super wifi reception everywhere!
Yeah, I was thinking that that's what I'd have to do.
Conner Of Gallifrey
moff moff wrote:
you could always put them at both ends of your house, and have super wifi reception everywhere!

I think I need to do that... as it is, when someone turns on the microwave my connection drops from 100% to about 15%.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
One of these days I want to get an express so I can be playing the same music in both places.
Yeah, the music-playing situation is teh freaking awesome.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Airport expresses are great, we have 3 at our place.
user Stupid cockwomble
I've got one in the box, in a drawer. It doesn't like my Netgear router and now my Macs can't see it at all.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Wireless routing question