Those BoSox fans, I tell ya!

Online now: Google [Bot], maurvir, Séamas
Red Sox fan tries to curse Yankees by embedding his team's jersey in the foundation of new Yankee stadium

Quote:
Gino Castignoli, a Red Sox fan on the construction crew of the new Yankees' stadium, thought he'd hit a home run by burying the jersey to curse the new stadium. The longtime rivalry between the teams dates back to when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

While Castignoli let his actions do the talking, his daughter took her own dig at the pinstripes...she said she was proud of him, and said, 'screw New York."

Quote:
"I got one last thing to say...long live the Red Sox."

:: wonders if there's a Habs jersey embedded in Maple Leaf Gardens and the AC ::
Castignoli's mistake was talking way too soon. He should have kept his mouth shut for at least ten years.
That aside, I think this was a harmless enough prank. No one got hurt, and there was no permanent damage. It's pretty much in the same "ballpark" as those pranks the MIT kids pull every year.

Now some of us Red Sox fans have done some things to New York fans that will never be told. :evil:
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Aren't they digging it up now? And I think I read somewhere Castignoli is being sued or something.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I had that a little bit wrong...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/ ... ew_st.html

Quote:
Instead the brigade of Bomber bashers are left with triumphant footage of the jersey being dug up by $88-an-hour union workers putting in time on a Sunday afternoon, and defiant quotes from Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner: "I hope his co-workers kick the human waste out of him." So far only Gino's car has paid the price, as co-workers make their feelings known. Yankee officials hinted that Castignoli could be brought up on charges, but the early word is that law officials believe that their limited resources should be allocated to other causes.

Yes, that's a quote from the Yankees co-chairman, not some random angry fan. :brow:

Last edited by Alexander Supertramp on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 pm.

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Hooray for New Yorkers.
sean Royal Wombat
Enigma wrote:
Castignoli's mistake was talking way too soon. He should have kept his mouth shut for at least ten years.

Agreed... HE should have kept his trap shut about it. All he has done now is wasted everyone off.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
On the other hand, if he hadn't said anything until later, would people have believed him?
spike attempting to look on the bright side
What law could they book him on? The "Please Don't Bury Anything in Concrete In Our New Stadium" Act?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Those BoSox fans, I tell ya!