The First Human Composting Company

How's life?
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

The First Human Composting Company

Post by ukimalefu »

The Evergreen state has become even more, uh, evergreen. Washington passed a law in 2019 allowing people to turn themselves into compost after death. This month, the first officially licensed human composting company has opened its doors to help citizens meet their maker in a more environmentally friendly manner.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/the-first-h ... 1845587603

TOS

Post by TOS »

makes sense, really
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
juice
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

TOS wrote: makes sense, really

I hope this is an option when it is my time.

First choice: organ donation, rest of the cadaver goes to science.

Second choice: organ donation, compost the cadaver
Séamas
Title: Honorary Consul General

Post by Séamas »

My wife detests my desire to have my body used for cadaver/science study. She's fine with organ harvesting (doubt anything I'll leave behind will be useful, but who knows?)

Ever see those places where they use bodies for forensic purposes?
They leave bodies in various conditions and make measurements of decomposition, etc? Kind of grisly, but it does help investigators figure out time of death, etc.
And Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden and chained him to a tree and the children did make sport of him.
maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

A neat idea, but I really don't care what happens to my body after I die. Once I'm dead, it will be just another broken down biological machine. My surviving family is welcome to do with it as they please.

I did agree to be an organ donor if there is anything left useful, but that's about it.
justine
Title: Elitist Beer Lover

Post by justine »

I actually prefer the Body Farm in Texas, but my kids said they won't honor that. Although, it doesn't have to be Texas. That's just the only one i know about.
"The older i get, the less i care about what people think of me. therefore the older i get, the more i enjoy life."

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."
TOS

Post by TOS »

or you could fire my dead ass on a trajectory exiting the solar system, that would be cool
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
juice
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

TOS wrote: or you could fire my dead ass on a trajectory exiting the solar system, that would be cool

Into Mitch’s house would also work
TOS

Post by TOS »

juice wrote:
TOS wrote: or you could fire my dead ass on a trajectory exiting the solar system, that would be cool

Into Mitch’s house would also work

oh yeah! compress my ashes into dissolvable bullets for sneaky-deaky political assassinations
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Post by ukimalefu »

burn my body and throw the ashes in the first trash can you find, that's my wish, I'm not joking

do it, or I will haunt you for all eternity
Aaron_R

Post by Aaron_R »

justine wrote: I actually prefer the Body Farm in Texas, but my kids said they won't honor that. Although, it doesn't have to be Texas. That's just the only one i know about.

Their is one in IA I went to it for as part of my Entomology class
Its easy to know what you are against, quite an honour to know what you are for.
justine

Post by justine »

Aaron_R wrote:
justine wrote: I actually prefer the Body Farm in Texas, but my kids said they won't honor that. Although, it doesn't have to be Texas. That's just the only one i know about.

That would be awesome to go to!
"The older i get, the less i care about what people think of me. therefore the older i get, the more i enjoy life."

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."
Link
Title: formerly gd

Post by Link »

I want my body to be preserved and displayed in the position of me taking a human waste on Trump Tower...

Since that's never happening, I really have not given much thought to what I want done to my body.
Never take advice from people who have nothing to lose by giving it...
-macnuke
TOS

Post by TOS »

Aaron_R wrote:

[shudder]
justine

Post by justine »

TOS wrote:
Aaron_R wrote:

[shudder]

Why shudder> I think it's awesome! On one episode of Ozzie and Jacks World Detour, they visited the Forensic Body Farm. I would love to go there.

TOS

Post by TOS »

justine wrote:
TOS wrote:
Aaron_R wrote:

[shudder]

Why shudder> I think it's awesome! On one episode of Ozzie and Jacks World Detour, they visited the Forensic Body Farm. I would love to go there.

i said shudder and i meant shudder!
justine

Post by justine »

:lol: