The First Human Composting Company

Online now: Google [Bot], maurvir, ukimalefu
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Quote:
The Evergreen state has become even more, uh, evergreen. Washington passed a law in 2019 allowing people to turn themselves into compost after death. This month, the first officially licensed human composting company has opened its doors to help citizens meet their maker in a more environmentally friendly manner.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/the-first-h ... 1845587603

TOS
makes sense, really
juice Inadvertently correct
TOS posted:
makes sense, really

I hope this is an option when it is my time.

First choice: organ donation, rest of the cadaver goes to science.

Second choice: organ donation, compost the cadaver
Séamas Honorary Consul General
My wife detests my desire to have my body used for cadaver/science study. She's fine with organ harvesting (doubt anything I'll leave behind will be useful, but who knows?)

Ever see those places where they use bodies for forensic purposes?
They leave bodies in various conditions and make measurements of decomposition, etc? Kind of grisly, but it does help investigators figure out time of death, etc.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
A neat idea, but I really don't care what happens to my body after I die. Once I'm dead, it will be just another broken down biological machine. My surviving family is welcome to do with it as they please.

I did agree to be an organ donor if there is anything left useful, but that's about it.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I actually prefer the Body Farm in Texas, but my kids said they won't honor that. Although, it doesn't have to be Texas. That's just the only one i know about.
TOS
or you could fire my dead ass on a trajectory exiting the solar system, that would be cool
juice Inadvertently correct
TOS posted:
or you could fire my dead ass on a trajectory exiting the solar system, that would be cool

Into Mitch’s house would also work
TOS
juice posted:
TOS posted:

Into Mitch’s house would also work

oh yeah! compress my ashes into dissolvable bullets for sneaky-deaky political assassinations
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
burn my body and throw the ashes in the first trash can you find, that's my wish, I'm not joking

do it, or I will haunt you for all eternity
justine posted:
I actually prefer the Body Farm in Texas, but my kids said they won't honor that. Although, it doesn't have to be Texas. That's just the only one i know about.

Their is one in IA I went to it for as part of my Entomology class
Aaron_R posted:
justine posted:

That would be awesome to go to!
gd Hero of Twilight
I want my body to be preserved and displayed in the position of me taking a human waste on Trump Tower...

Since that's never happening, I really have not given much thought to what I want done to my body.
TOS
Aaron_R posted:
justine posted:

[shudder]
TOS posted:
Aaron_R posted:
justine posted:

[shudder]

Why shudder> I think it's awesome! On one episode of Ozzie and Jacks World Detour, they visited the Forensic Body Farm. I would love to go there.
TOS
justine posted:
TOS posted:
Aaron_R posted:
justine posted:

[shudder]

Why shudder> I think it's awesome! On one episode of Ozzie and Jacks World Detour, they visited the Forensic Body Farm. I would love to go there.

i said shudder and i meant shudder!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The First Human Composting Company