How about this weather?

Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
We are having many days in a row of triple digits with rolling blackouts. Tuesday is supposed to be the worst at 114º. :eek:
Yeah it's uncomfortable. It got up to 87F today here
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Yuck. We’ve been having severe storms and even tornadoes in the area. Spoilt my fire plans for the night. :(
sean Royal Wombat
It's been hot here, with lots of thumderstorms lately.

Actually, we've had a lot of thunderstorms this summer.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Triple digits in Portland. Which we don't often get.
At work at 4am this morning, it was 82 and severe electrical storm with rain.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
The lows here have been in the 60s and the highs have been in the 70s, and it's been that way for a few weeks.

:shrug:
jkahless Custom Title
It's been unseasonably cool all summer, which is a godsend, we do not need a lot of forest fires this year. Things have just started to warm up, but I haven't seen any real hot weather yet. Nothing in the 30s that's for sure.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Pariah Know Your Enemy
It has been up in the 90s everyday here and INSANELY humid.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Pariah posted:
It has been up in the 90s everyday here and INSANELY humid.

Seeing as I live close to the Texas coast, that is my weather as well.
macnuke Afar
baja oklahoma.. (northeast Tx.)
highs ~101 lows 80
humility been high also.
and it just started to rain.
TOS
I just hope we get a real fall this year. Our last several have been dreary, grey, wet things.

It's dipping into the 40s at night now, and it feels so good to come inside in the morning and warm up in the shower. Leaves are changing color. I love autumn, but I'm not ready for summer to be over quite yet.
macnuke posted:
highs ~101 lows 80
humility been high also.
Humility?

High in Texas?

That's like not even possible.
juice Inadvertently correct
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:
highs ~101 lows 80
humility been high also.
Humility?

High in Texas?

That's like not even possible.

Everything is bigger in Texas. Including their humility.
macnuke Afar
You haven’t listened to some of these piney woods country ass people talk either.
I just spelled humidity like they say it.
I have heard more than enough Texan voices to suffice for the rest of my life.
TOS
Malkin posted:
I just hope we get a real fall this year. Our last several have been dreary, grey, wet things.

It's dipping into the 40s at night now, and it feels so good to come inside in the morning and warm up in the shower. Leaves are changing color. I love autumn, but I'm not ready for summer to be over quite yet.

for a second i thought you were talking in metric, and i was all like, "holy human waste, what a nightmare"

but that's only around 5 degrees c which is way too cold an august for my taste, no offence

so weird how different our climates are, when we're not even that far apart
40ºC?

Yeah, you should see the summer. It gets up to the 90s.

La Nina is supposedly coming back. So hot and dry in the south and west will likely continue.
https://abc7.com/la-nina-el-nino-noaa-n ... n/6332746/
TOS posted:

Well, I live significantly further north than heavily populated areas like Toronto. And unlike say, Vancouver, I don't have the ocean at my side. I think a lot of people tend to forget or minimize what a difference these things can make. :)
I live in a swamp. Hot and humid in the summer and often biting cold in the winter. Spring and Autumn are pleasant.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Up until the last week, this has been the hottest summer I can remember. I don't think there were any single day records broken, but where a 8-14 day heatwave is fairly common, this summer seemed to have a six week long heatwave.
Very little rain at all and when we got it it just made everything more muggy.

We got hit with Hurricane / Tropical storm Isaias MUCH harder than I expected. I don't know if the winds were stronger than projected but it cause far more damage than you would think (I had to go over to my workplace for a few hours (I thought it would just be an hour), and had to choose the route home that I LEAST wanted to take (the one with the woods all around).
Had no power for 3.5 days, luckily a friend in the neighborhood who still had power loaned us his generator which at least kept the fridge running/phones charged.

The last few nights are more typical of typical mid august, low 70s high 60s. Nice comfortable and few biting insects. This is when we usually take a camping vacation.
Yesterday and especially today there’s a red-brown haze in the sky. Its smoke from the nearby wild fires. It smells pretty bad. I think we’re stuck inside for the day and probably a few more.
https://www.ksby.com/weather/fire-watch ... es-in-size
jkahless Custom Title
Malkin posted:
TOS posted:

Well, I live significantly further north than heavily populated areas like Toronto. And unlike say, Vancouver, I don't have the ocean at my side. I think a lot of people tend to forget or minimize what a difference these things can make. :)

Continentality is wild. There's what are effectively deserts some ways north of vancouver, and it's amazing how much hotter they get than here in the summer. Car interior meltingly hot in some places where the heat really concentrates.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
jkahless posted:
Malkin posted:
TOS posted:

Continentality is wild. There's what are effectively deserts some ways north of vancouver, and it's amazing how much hotter they get than here in the summer. Car interior meltingly hot in some places where the heat really concentrates.

Altitude makes a big difference, as does proximity to moderating features, such as water or mountains. I still remember the first time I drove up to Dixie National Forest in Utah, which is literally in the middle of the desert.

What makes that spectacular is that, above a certain point, it turns into a birch/pine forest. The temperatures plummet (compared to the searingly hot desert floor) as you drive up into the park. Obviously this is true of any great elevation change, but this one is fast enough to actually feel it as it is happening.

The other great example was when I took my wife to Yosemite for our honeymoon, and decided to make a day trip over to the sequoia grove. It was 65, and freaking perfect, in the park that day (late March), 85 and hot/dry in Fresno, and about 30 in Sequoia - with roads carved into the snow like little canyons.
Kirk posted:
Yesterday and especially today there’s a red-brown haze in the sky. Its smoke from the nearby wild fires. It smells pretty bad. I think we’re stuck inside for the day and probably a few more.
https://www.ksby.com/weather/fire-watch ... es-in-size

My cars were covered in ash this morning, and not the fine stuff. Big chunks, too. It's still falling. Not a good idea to go outside without a mask.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
At my latitude I would much prefer being on the West coast instead of the East. I am less than 2 miles away from the coast but there is no cooling effect like on the West coast.

Days are still warm, but the nights are starting to cool down fast. I'm going to try to go river tubing at least one more time...
Malkin posted:

Days are still warm, but the nights are starting to cool down fast. I'm going to try to go river tubing at least one more time...

Love this!
Gorgeous pic, Malkin
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
beautiful pic Malkin.
Typical summer pattern here since mid July. Hot and muggy all day, pop-up thunder showers in the late afternoon.
but it is starting to cool down. I see the temps over night going lower.
justine posted:
At work at 4am this morning, it was 82 and severe electrical storm with rain.

Hot dog! Welcome to Taiwan!
Malkin posted:

Very nice Pic.
Today's phenological update:

juice Inadvertently correct
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

How about this weather?