Hard Seltzers

Online now: Google [Bot], Jonesy, Lombo
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
There are so many hard seltzers on the market these days, which I generally welcome!

I love sours, but am not generally a fan of fruit beers. That being said, I love flavored seltzer water, so hard seltzers are a welcome addition to my summer drinking menu. Refreshing after a hot day working in the sun or nice for sipping when floating down the river. :)

Some of the options are excellent and some are just gross. I wish a local bottle shop would run a big sample day, because it's so hard to remember and compare and I hate the disappointment when I pick up a nasty one.

My favorite this season has actually been the Leinie's Sprtizen which is marketed as a "Beer with a splash of seltzer" so I'm not even sure if it fully counts. But, it's clear and only has 93 calories, so it hits the mark for me. I find I like all of the flavors in their variety pack more than most other seltzer variety packs. Nice and light, but distinct.

Which hard seltzers have you been enjoying?
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Seeing as I cannot taste any flavor in seltzer water, I do not drink any of them.

But I do distribute Truly, Vizzy, Press, Crook and Marker, and the Leinenkugel’s Spritzen. I will soon be adding another one when Shiner releases their version.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I don't like hard seltzers, but several people i know love Truly.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
not sure what those are... but I'm thinking you mix them with liquor
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
ukimalefu posted:

No, they already have the vodka added. Some of them are just like adding a shot to your Lé Croix, but a lot of them are flavored with more heavy syrups and sugar and may contain different varieties of liquor.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
ukimalefu posted:

It's a beverage for 30s-40s year-old white ladies.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Robert B. posted:
ukimalefu posted:

It's a beverage for 30s-40s year-old white ladies.

This! LOL

Similar to Smirnoff Ice except those are classified as beer, i think.
dv
My housemate was big on White Claws for a while, before deciding they were disgusting and going back to drinking radler or wine.
juice Inadvertently correct
I tried one made by Boulevard Brewing (from Kansas City) last week. It was well done. Very refreshing. Low in sugar. I prefer a dark beer, but I didn’t mind the Boulevard version of a seltzer.
Yeah, I'd say hard seltzer appeals to women in the way that fruity drinks generally do, but I have plenty of male friends who drink them as well. People who don't want the sugar or the carbs and don't want to be drinking hard liquor. Sales-wise, it's about a 50/50 split between male and female buyers. White people for sure. Generally people with disposable incomes who also like craft beer.

For me, they are very much a convenient summertime drink. I like the light flavors, the bubbles, and the cold!
juice Inadvertently correct
I like they aren’t giant sugar bombs, like a lot of beverages are.
Lack of sugar is the entire reason I drink any seltzer. I wish I could handle sugar the way I could when I was younger, but those days are long gone. :p
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Hard Seltzers