I don't know how Marie Kondo does it

Online now: DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], j_tso, Metacell
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I really need to purge in a big way, but i'm having a really hard time doing it. I have so much human waste, but i have a hard time letting go. My most current thing is a loose leaf tea set. 6 air tight canisters and a spoon in a really nice case. It was not cheap. I was really into tea for a while, and some of the cans still have tea in them that probably isn't good anymore, but i may try some and see how it is. It would be easier to give up if the cans were all empty. I'm not likely to get that into tea again, either.

So, how do you let go of stuff, especially stuff you spent a lot of money on? I'm not saying i'm worried about the money because i won't be selling any of my stuff. I belong to a FB group that's local that you can ask or give, and that's what i'll do. It's just easier to let go of stuff i didn't spend much on.
Sell stuff on FB marketplace?
Kirk posted:
Sell stuff on FB marketplace?

That's not the issue. I prefer to give than sell.The issue is letting go.
Well, from your post above it seemed the sticking point was letting go of expensive items. My suggestion was in hopes that recouping some of the money might make letting go easier.
jkahless Custom Title
It helps to have lots of money and a relatively easy life. The more hardship you go through, the harder it is to let go of things you might need.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I give away so much stuff. People have a tendency to think I want something for it, like I'm being dishonest. I honestly just would have a tendency to have clutter, and it's easier to give things away rather than let it sit and not do anything.

And I say that as someone who grew up poor. I give things away to help make others' lives better, because things aren't making my life better sitting in my corner.
obvs posted:
I give away so much stuff. People have a tendency to think I want something for it, like I'm being dishonest. I honestly just would have a tendency to have clutter, and it's easier to give things away rather than let it sit and not do anything.

And I say that as someone who grew up poor. I give things away to help make others' lives better, because things aren't making my life better sitting in my corner.

You should check out the Buy Nothing Sell Nothing Project. It's kinda cool. It's a Facebook group. I've been giving stuff away on it, but i just can't seem to get rid of so many things for no good reason.
https://buynothingproject.org/find-a-group/
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I am involved in my local buy nothing and trash nothing groups.

I got some amazing bowls through one of them. I gave away a couch, and a wireless keyboard and mouse, and some other stuff.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

I don't know how Marie Kondo does it