Macstack phone background

Online now: Google [Bot], iDaemon, Lombo, ukimalefu
ukimalefu Canadized
I used iPhone 11 Pro Max resolution

Needs work.

And I think I may do other versions, like at least a dark one.

Or I may not do anything else, I don't even have a smartphone :p
dv
Nice work, as always.
TOS
ukimalefu Canadized
Here's another one. I'm not sure about this one, as this theme has more colors, but I don't think I like a white background pic.

dv
That's very beige.

I'd be thinking half-and-half. Maybe use the Findey to split up the two color areas.
juice Inadvertently correct
How about something in the style of the red theme?
ukimalefu Canadized
These were all nice, but that last one... niiiiice!
ukimalefu Canadized
dv
Ok that one's scary.
ukimalefu Canadized
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
Oh, that would be a cool color scheme.
ukimalefu Canadized
obvs posted:
Oh, that would be a cool color scheme.

It has many names, or many styles that look similar:

80s/outrun/vaporwave/synthwave aesthetics

Mostly lots of blue, pink, purple, and neon/laser effects.
ukimalefu Canadized
oooooh... I like that one
You know, if you wanted, I could very easily install these as styles. All you'd have to do would be download this little file, change the colors, and name it whatever you wanted it to be called.

I created the 1999 color scheme first, and creating the 2000 color scheme only took about 20-30 minutes. It's not very difficult.
ukimalefu Canadized
obvs posted:
You know, if you wanted, I could very easily install these as styles. All you'd have to do would be download this little file, change the colors, and name it whatever you wanted it to be called.

I created the 1999 color scheme first, and creating the 2000 color scheme only took about 20-30 minutes. It's not very difficult.

that involves a lot of guessing, and no idea how to see what I'm doing

seriously, I got the file, and I have no clue what I'm looking at. I see the word "color" in some places, and what I guess are hex color codes, but I don't know what part of the website those refer too? I can't change things blindly

tried to find an online graphic editor for this, where I can load the website and the file, and then see changes as I make them, but couldn't find anything, because I don't know what I'm doing

:(

Last edited by ukimalefu on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:33 am.

ukimalefu Canadized
would somebody please try one of the backgrounds and post a screenshot?

I actually don't have a smartphone, so I have no idea how they actually look on a phone.

But in all seriousness... It does look pretty nice.
ukimalefu Canadized
cool, thanks

and you're the one telling us you have a windows phone, joke's on you :p
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:
cool, thanks

That looks more like Samsung's One UI than Windows Phone.
ukimalefu Canadized
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:
cool, thanks

uh, not that one, look at the bottom of the first image he posted
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
ukimalefu posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:
cool, thanks

That's the word icon, isn't it?
ukimalefu Canadized
Alexander Supertramp posted:
ukimalefu posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:
cool, thanks

THE BOTTOM

between the arrow and the "magnifying glass/lollypop/search icon", that icon in the middle is a Windows logo.
ukimalefu Canadized
Believe it or not, once upon a time, a long long time ago, I took an HTML 1.0 class, and later a Dreamweaver (graphic html editor) class.

I couldn't make a website to save my life. :(

I also took a photoshop class once. I'd like to believe that some times, I can still make some pretty pictures.
ukimalefu posted:
obvs posted:

that involves a lot of guessing, and no idea how to see what I'm doing

seriously, I got the file, and I have no clue what I'm looking at. I see the word "color" in some places, and what I guess are hex color codes, but I don't know what part of the website those refer too? I can't change things blindly

tried to find an online graphic editor for this, where I can load the website and the file, and then see changes as I make them, but couldn't find anything, because I don't know what I'm doing

:(
Set that file as your custom stylesheet for this site.

It won't affect how the site works, but when you change the color hex codes it will change the colors of the things on the site.

You know how a lot of different elements on this site are the same color? That generally means that those elements' colors are all specified at the same time, in one declaration, so if you change that color's declaration, you'll change the color of all of those elements.

Apple provides a tool called "Digital Color Meter.app"(although sometimes it's written "DigitalColor Meter.app"), and it's installed by default in newer versions of the OS(or as part of Xcode in older versions), and it will tell you the hex code for whatever color your mouse is over. Then you can just search for that code within the file. Change it to something else, and you'll change all of the elements of that color to the different color you selected.

You can use your image editor to find the hex codes for the colors you want to change things to.
ukimalefu Canadized
I'm not saying I will do any of that. I'd like to, maybe, but I don't know if I will.

Quote:
You know how a lot of different elements on this site are the same color? That generally means that those elements' colors are all specified at the same time, in one declaration, so if you change that color's declaration, you'll change the color of all of those elements.

that makes sense... I think...
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
ukimalefu posted:
Alexander Supertramp posted:
ukimalefu posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:
cool, thanks

THE BOTTOM

between the arrow and the "magnifying glass/lollypop/search icon", that icon in the middle is a Windows logo.

Ah, I see it now. :)
ukimalefu Canadized
Tried to an "old school Mac OS one". This sucks big time because I was too lazy to use a proper grid, and small pixel patterns do wacky stuff at small sizes, but I decided to post it anyway. The background for example, should be a checkered pattern, but it looks gray because the the pixels are too small.

(zoom in for the full res, you may need to open the image in anew window)

ukimalefu Canadized
I think Apple does backgrounds like these?

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Macstack phone background