Emoji on license plates?

Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, kamizuno
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Emoji license plates: Vermont bill seeks to allow animated characters on cars

Quote:
A bill was filed in the Vermont Legislature that would make some of the characters a customization option for license plates.

The bill, proposed by state Rep. Rebecca White, says symbols could be added “in addition to the distinctive number assigned by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles or the numerals and letters selected by the registered owner of a vehicle as a vanity 12 plate."

And they wouldn't be the first

Quote:
In 2019, Queensland, Australia, became one of the first places in the world to allow emoji on license plates. The five emoji allowed in the jurisdiction include the laughing, smiling, winking, love and sunglasses emoji

:facepalm:
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
they will all just be QR code before long
DukeofNuke posted:
they will all just be QR code before long

Séamas Honorary Consul General
Séamas posted:
Animated?

they won't be animated on license plates

nevermind the headline
dv
As a decoration for a vanity plate, sure, but as part of the plate number? The cops would be pretty hard-core against this if it makes their job harder.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
dv posted:
As a decoration for a vanity plate, sure, but as part of the plate number? The cops would be pretty hard-core against this if it makes their job harder.

Are they not chipped yet?
I haven't looked into it, but now the EZ pass system seems to have gotten where they "photo" your plate (if you don't have the transponder thingy), but I thought it was more like a chip scan or something.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
We already have symbols on our plate (only if it's a vanity plate) like hearts and hands and i dunno what else. This isn't a lot different although i think it's ridiculous, and i hope it isn't accepted in California.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Emoji on license plates?